Reload this Page >

Pernambuco - Blue Tree Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 01:31 PM
Beth

Hello, <BR> <BR>I can't find anything on this forum about the Blue Tree Hotels in Brazil and am wondering specifically about the one in Pernambuco. It's the Blue Tree Park Cabo de Santo Agostinho.... <BR> <BR>Anyone been there and have any feedback??? Also, what else is there to do, see, eat, etc in this area? Any recommendations are appreciated. I'll be there the beginning of June with my husband. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 15th, 2001, 04:58 PM
JOse Carlos

Yes, Blue Tree Hotels is high quality hotels. <BR>In special, this is very well positionated. <BR>There are big infrastucture in this hotel. <BR>If you have little children, take care about the sea. <BR>Best Regards, Carneiro.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 06:29 PM
Marly

Beth, <BR> <BR>I have been there last year, the hotel is really comfortable, clean, good service and excellent food. Check it out at : <BR> <BR>http://www.bluetree.com.br/english/index.cfm <BR> <BR>If you need further info let me know. <BR> <BR>Rgds, <BR> <BR>Marly

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 02:04 PM
Beth

<BR>Thanks for the info. I have seen the website, but am trying to find out more from people who have been there. Is it self-contained - or are there things nearby to do? We like to relax on the beach and do some activities (water sports and such) but I would also like to see the area while I"m there. <BR> <BR>What areas, attractions, restaurants ,etc would you recommend? <BR> <BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Marly

Beth, <BR> <BR>Blue Tree Park is self-contained, you can relax on the beautiful beach located few steps from your room. They also offer ecological walking tours, jet ski, dive, tennis court etc. <BR>Two worth-visiting beaches near Cabo de Santo Agostinho are "Xaréu" and "Gaibu" , where you can see stone mountains built as barriers to Netherlands invasion in 18th. century <BR>The top sight in Pernambuco is "Porto de Galinhas", about 15 miles from hotel <BR>where you will find pools with warm and clear water. You can also visit "Maracaípe" and "Muro Alto", they are close to Porto de Galinhas and worth-visiting. <BR>Recife (15 miles from hotel) is the capital of Pernambuco, where the beaches are not so attracting but it is interesting for eating and shopping. <BR>I recommend two excellent restaurants : <BR>"Tio Pepe" and "Bargaço". In the first you can order "Carne de sol completa", is a dish with roasted beef accompanied with a local cheese, rice, green beans and manioc. In the second you will have a lot of seafood options in an English menu. <BR>You try "Feijoada" ,a Brazilian dish prepared with black beans and pork and drink a "caipirinha" made of sugar cane, lemon and sugar in their restaurant.(Pls note that this dish is served on Saturday only, you can try it at Blue Tree Park or at Sheraton in Recife ). <BR>I hope this info help you and if you have any further questions pls send me a mail to [email protected] <BR> <BR>Rgds, <BR> <BR>Marly