Bula Bula or Rip Jack Inn? In Playa Grande

Old Apr 11th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bula Bula or Rip Jack Inn? In Playa Grande

We've booked our tickets but can't decide between the Bula Bula or the Rip Jack Inn in Playa Grande. Anyone have any feedback or advice? Thanks a million!!
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 02:33 PM

I lilve in Playa Grande and am familiar with both hotels. Both have nice standard rooms, Bula has some with TV. Bula also has a pool. Rip Jack is less than a 30 second walk to the beach and is right in front of the main surf break. Bula is located across from the estuary and access to the boat taxis to Tamarindo. Both have restaurants which are open all day, although I prefer the food at RipJack (try the hot garlic shrimp!). Both can help you with tour and activity reservations. I hope this helps.
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 07:46 PM

pg_girl, do you have an opinion about which one might be best with a 2 year old? Like the idea of the pool. . .

Where is the beach from Bula Bula? Short walk? Right there?
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:10 AM

Since the Rip Jack doesn't have a pool I would think the Bula Bula would be better for a 2 year old. The ocean and the heat of the beach may be too much for play all day. Bula Bula is about a 10 minute walk to the beach access. It's a very quiet spot and very relaxing.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 08:19 AM

one more thing.........If you do decide on Bula Bula, ask Todd for a room away from the bar because of the young one for quiet time. Also request the TV if would like one. They are usually very accomodating.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 05:52 PM

Hey, Joe, thanks. I just got the fax ready to send. I've requested connecting rooms for our daugher and granddaughter and ourselves--with at least one TV! Thanks for the bar tip. Hope it works with the connecting rooms request! I'll add that to the fax. Glad you mentioned Todd's name--I'll put a little note on the fax to him. Hoping for a cash discount on the 2 rooms. Bula Bula sounds like a fun place to me, and I do think the pool is a good idea for us. Thanks so much! You are always so helpful.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 07:45 PM

Shillmac,
I think you'll enjoy Bula Bula and your granddaughter may get a kick out of Bert, the resident parrot. But after a few days he'll drive you batty!
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 12:19 PM

Hi there- It might be too late, and Bula Bula did look really nice (we went over for dinner one night), but we really LOVE Hotel Las Tortugas. We've been twice and will be back in a few weeks. They are right on the beach (behind the shrubbery) and they have a nice pool. Lots of hammocks and shady areas for when you've had enough of the beach. The restaurant is casual and delicious and inexpensive. The staff has always been wonderful. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents. Have a great trip!
Old Apr 13th, 2007, 04:07 PM

Hey Ardie. .thanks. We've had lunch at Las Tortugas before, and it is a nice place. Somehow I got Bula Bula in my head, and it's stuck.

Thanks for the parrot tip, Joe. Yes, she will love it. She is my birding partner, even here in the midwest!
Old Apr 14th, 2007, 08:51 AM

I would love to visit Playa Grande and sample some of the fine waves there, but I am not 19 years old. Are the waves there really fast and hollow. Can an old fart find happiness and room there on a long board? Or is it strictly for the young and short board set? My recent trips have been to Nosara and Tamarindo where it seemed like there was room for all categories and experience levels. Gracias...
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 02:19 PM

Hi there- Playa Grande is very similar to Tamarindo and Nosara, waves vary but can work for all levels. It's where my husband taught me how to surf. We'll be there in a few weeks and our friend is bringing his longboard. You'll love it!!!