Buenos Aires to Uruguay

Sep 29th, 2001, 01:02 PM
Anu Arponen

Buenos Aires to Uruguay

Has anybody experience taking the ferry or hydrofoil from Buenos Aires to Colonia or Montevideo? Is it worth to make a trip for a day? Is one day enough to visit both cities or if I have to choose one, which one is more interesting.

Sep 29th, 2001, 07:41 PM
Armando

Hello Anu:
I had experience that once. Yes, the cross with the hovercraft demands about 1 1/2 hrs from Buenos Aires to Colonia, and another aprox. 1 hr from Colonia to Montevideo (URU). So, e.g., you can depart from Bs.As and visit Montevideo in a single day. Of course, if you have more time you can enjoy more. I my point of view in only one day it worths to stay in only one city and my choise it'll be Bs.As (I would visit Recoleta at night,Palermo Park, the centre, one main museum, the Camito street (where everything began) and, if it was on Sunday morning, I'd visit the interesting San Telmo fair. Enjoy it!

Oct 18th, 2001, 11:22 AM
Angie

Hi! I live in Buenos Aires and have crossed to Uruguay in several ocassions. Colonia is a VERY nice city, it is very typical and the old neighbourhood is very well preserved. I have heard it has been named by UNESCO as a world monument. It is worth travelling for the day. I wouldn't recommend going to Montevideo for the day. It is Uruguay's capital city (higher buildings, traffic, etc.) and the trip would take longer

Search this Thread