Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Buenos aires: I'm BUMMED . Weahter report is awful for my stay 4/20-4/25!!!! AVrooster, opinion?

Buenos aires: I'm BUMMED . Weahter report is awful for my stay 4/20-4/25!!!! AVrooster, opinion?

Old Apr 18th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

I posted on TA as well, but now the weather report even looks worse for my stay April 20-25th.

Rain, rain, rain, temps drop into 60's ( that is not so bad though).

When I posted on TA no one could tell me though if usually it rains all day. I'm so mad right now that I've carefully organized a trip that includes lots of walking outdoors and shopping. NOT a museum goer or like to stay inside.

We have two days of organized walking tours planned for the weekend as well.They cannot be changed; we are going with our 6 other friends and Argentina Escapes has organized the days for us which are things we are looking forward to seeing. I like what they have put together for us.

Is this going to really make my vacation tough. I know, I know its all in the attitude; but frankly I am sure others get upset when the weather for a city you want to be pleasant is predicted to be not!!!!!

AVrooster; you are there, can you tell me what I should expect( I know you are not the weatherman!)

Soory for the rant, I am just SOOOO upset!!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Original Poster

anyone???
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 05:46 AM

Hi, tripgirl!

As you yourself say, I'm NOT the weatherman!!!

After a big storm yesterday, the sky has cleared this morning, that much I can tell you.

So hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

One thing which may help you is to have some fun reading drdawggy's post in the "Any suggestions" thread, as it was obviously meant as an answer for you.

I feel our good Dr. is getting old. Don't you agree? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 06:21 AM

I just went to southern Spain a couple of weeks ago. I expected reasonably warm weather and sun as indicated by weather reports. I got rain, wind, cold, and at the highest elevation of the trip- snow. We still had a great time. Get an umbrella, bring a warm jacket and you should still have lots of fun. And, with any luck, the weather reports you are seeing will change.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Come to Salta, then ...the rainy season has finished in the NW!
BA is humid, I garantee sun shine! LOL!
Flintstones
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 12:46 PM
MnJ

Rain. We have a closet shelf of "wet gear" that we take on trips when the forecast is rain, rain, and even more rain. Our gear consists of: waterproof pants, long waterproof jackets with hood, and small but sturdy umbrellas and waterproof boots. Thus we “brave the elements” and enjoy the trip.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

I don't think it will be THAT drastic.

but thanks for the thoughts...
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM

tripgirl,as someone who has spent a couple of years in a city where it rains more than it is dry, I can tell you that rain is nothing to get upset about. You can carry an umbrella, take taxis and eat and shop and walk outdoors..not like it is snow or terrible cold.The rain most likely will not last day after day, don't be upset, BA is beautiful and fun and everything you expect - even in the rain.
We will be there Fri..cheer up and have a good time, it is up to you and not the weather

Old Apr 18th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Original Poster

I knew I could count on you Scarlett to brighten things up.

you are the best... safe flight and perhaps I will indeed see you in BA!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 09:05 PM

No kidding... I asked Aveagle and Scarlett what the weather would be in so cal today and they said no wind...

We found our trip to Argentina special, and that if you are only an outdoor person then you better like the outdoors because sometimes it rains and stuff (also look down when walking in BA's because there are many dogs). And the indoors (museums),, bistros, meat, pasta, tango, shops, spas and attractions are not bad either...imo

PS... it was windy in the oc today..

I sure hope I did not mis spill anything...lol
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 10:50 AM

Hi Tripgirl,
I was in Berlin in February and all weather forecasts predicted days of rain, showers, etc. I came prepared for the worst and they were TOTALLY wrong. Each day was sunny and mild with not one drop of rain. So, bring your rain gear and expect sunshine and remember that weather forecasts are usually wrong.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 11:32 AM

You'll have a great time no matter what the weather! It rained the first day we were in BA last year, that's what they invented the malls for . Anyway, looking forward to your fabulous trip report when you return. Have fun and do a little shopping for me too! I love all my purses, bought 6 last year. My biggest last minute advice is don't pack too much.
Old Apr 19th, 2007, 11:57 AM

Prune is supposed to be THE place for purses. They are in most malls. LOL!!!
Old Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:20 AM

Well, it is unfortunate that you are experiencing rain, however, I live by the motto "if you can't change the world change your attitude!"

I know that doesn't help but I have travelled extensively and had some pretty horrendous weather. It has never stopped me from enjoying my destinations.

It may make a difference that I am from Portland, OR. We get a lot of rain in the winter. It never stops me from doing anything outdoors. We hike, bike and walk around in it routinely.

Purchase a bright cheerful umbrella and some fun rain boots and stomp around it the puddles! Remember how much fun that was when you were a kid? It hasn't stopped being fun, you have just stopped doing it!

Spend some time searching out some colorful rainbows and make the best of it.