Buenos Aires Hotels / Etoile / Wilton Palace

Old Oct 19th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buenos Aires Hotels / Etoile / Wilton Palace

Does anyone have any information on the Etoile Hotel and Wilton Palace Hotel? Thanks!
Old Oct 19th, 2004, 01:35 PM

I take students to ARgentina for a study abroad program. I have reserved rooms in both of these hotels for visiting parents, so I have some knowledge.....

Both hotels ae decent, but have seen better days. By this I mean, they probably need to be remodeled and updated.....but both are solid hotels in good locations.....

The Etoile is in the heart of Recoleta, overlooking the park area in front of the Cemetary and along restaurant row. Rooms are large and suites are huge.

The Wilton is located on Callao, not far from Ave. Santa Fe and within walking distance of Recoleta village....

Rooms are not as large as in the Etoile....and the ammenities (health club, etc are better at the Etoile).

Old Nov 1st, 2004, 03:13 PM

The Etoile is probably in the best location of any hotel in BA. However, they market themselves as a 5 star hotel and they are far from it. In the USA they would be a 3 star hotel at best.

The staff is great and very friendly and helpful but the hotel needs renovations. There is no voicemail, the beds are very uncomfortable (in my opinion and that of many people I know), the furniture and decor is to be desired.

Still, the rates are pretty good for the area. Personally, I'd pay a little more to stay somewhere more comfortable. Good luck.
Old Nov 1st, 2004, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! Any comments or feedback on the health club at the Etoile?
Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:06 PM

When I stayed there the health club wasn't open. I guess maybe they were renovating it. I know others that used the health club and said it was ok. Again, it's a good location but people should be aware they are not a 5 star hotel as they advertise. I think I posted a trip report my first trip when I stayed there.

My bed was very very uncomfortable. I could feel the springs. (Not an exaggeration). There was not a radio or cd player in the room, no voicemail as I mentioned. The breakfast buffet was disgusting. The first night of my stay the water came out rusty for the first few seconds. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things since I don't drink the water there but still was strange for a hotel.

Still, the staff is really good there and will bend over backwards for you.