Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Buenos Aires & Northern Patagonia Trip Advice Suggesstions

Apr 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Original Poster

Hello everyone!
After much research on this vast region, I finally booked my plane tickets from NYC to Buenos Aires on Dec 29th 08. My husband and I will be celebrating our 1 year marriage anniversary their, we got married on NYE, we will be in Buenos Aires for 4 days. Following that we are spending 8 days with an Adventure Tour company in Chile/ Northern Patagonia, called Exchile, where we will spend 8 days trekking, biking, and rafting the Futaleufu River. My dream was to be able to travel to Torres Del Paine, and Ushasia, but do to the limited amount of day we have to travel, and not wanting to take so many connecting flights to get to these areas, we are staying more North. I was hoping someone could reccommend a cool hotel for a couple in their late 20's, along with a place that we could or area that would be fun to spend in Buenos Aires, although i am reading it is quite quiet.....also does anyone have any feebdack on futalufu region of patagonia...???? Does this sound like a good combo?
Apr 18th, 2008, 10:28 PM

hi there we got to Bs As onour honeymoon on the 29 dec 2007; so u'll b arriving on the anniverasry of ours!
we spent most of our Bs As time in an apartment in Plalermo soho v cool , nice barrio. but did stay in 2 different hotels
Art Hotel US$65/ night in Recoleta cozy, but comfortable
BoBo $135 in palermo soho. just plain wonderful

we enjoyed both Chalten and el calafate in patagonia; we travelled esily on our own
cheers
AndrewDavid
Apr 19th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for that response. I will look into those hotels. Where did you spend New Years Eve? Any suggestions?
Apr 19th, 2008, 12:15 PM

andrea,
we had dinner in a neighborhood restaurant in palermo soho. i think it was called rincon de gardel, something w/ gardel ( the famous tango singer) its on thames i believe near guatemala. aside from our table only one other n american couple. good food. as midnight they handed us glasses of champagne and everyone spilled out of the restaurant to see the impromptu neighbourhood fireworks. alot of fun and not expensive

cheers
AndrewDavid

ps if u r interested my almost complete trip report is "Our Wonderful Time in Argentina"
Apr 20th, 2008, 03:59 PM

I absolutely LOVE the Home Hotel in Palermo. They are the best!