Bucerias Mexico - information please

Old Aug 25th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bucerias Mexico - information please

My husband and I are planning a 2 wk trip to Bucerias Mexico in February. It will be our first trip to Mexico, we chose Bucerias as it will be a bit quieter than P.V. We are checking out Casa Tranquila, found on the net - but have not booked. We love seafood, the beach, and the atmosphere of a smaller town. Any suggestions for rentals and activities would be appreciated. We also have to book our flight from Ontario.
Old Aug 26th, 2004, 06:35 AM

I stayed a week at Bucerias last year. Although it is a ways out from PV for me it was not like a small peaceful village. It is a rather big town really and the beach front and ambiance were nothing special. If you want a quieter small village atmosphere Sayulita is a much better choice. It is maybe 20 minutes north of Bucerias. A very nice and special place. I stayed at the villas de amor . Really a wonderful place hard to describe as the "rooms" are all different .
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks zman, we will definitely check out Sayulita and the Villas de Amor.. sounds good!
Old Sep 19th, 2004, 05:03 PM

I have a list and description of restaurants in Bucerias, La Cruz, Punta de Mita and Sayulita if you would like it. I am going there in one month and will be checking out some more spots up north, where it is so peaceful and beaaautiful, but has plenty to do! I have not gone as far as San Francisco [San Pancho] but will someday.

I can send you my restaurant guide if you like.

Gary
San Francisco, CA.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Puerto...Town_SouthSide
Old Sep 20th, 2004, 09:37 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
As a frequent visitor to and lover of Puerto Vallarta, I also suggest you research a bit further up the coast.

Bucerias is not a place I'd choose to vacation, especially for 2 weeks. Sayulita, Ricon de Guaybitos, San Pancho (San Francisco) are more what I sense you are looking for. They are not much more than 1+ hr. further north along the coastline.