Reload this Page >

Bucerias beach day advice needed for novices

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 09:38 PM
Mike

Family of 4 will be staying at Paradise Village but want to take a trip to Bucerias for a day. Understand great beach. Probably take the bus, but could also rent car, depending on your feedback. Is there a place to shower after beach, change clothes etc. Also, recommended restaurants and shopping in area. Appreciate your feedback.<BR> Thanks<BR> Mike

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 06:15 AM
mexicodan

Try www.las-palmas-travel.com<BR><BR>adios!<BR>mexicodan<BR>www.mexicomexico.info

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Clarisa

For Mike / recommended beaches. You can easily catch a bus (it's really not far enough to bother renting a car). Plus the bus is cheap, fun & will give you a chance to interact with local folks. I'm not sure the facilities offered at Bucerias (it is a regular town that has a beach).<BR><BR>But a little further up the coast is Destiladeras beach, and further still (but before Punta de Mita) is El Anclote. I know from personal experience El Anclote is a gorgeous beach (white sand, calm turquoise water) with several palapa restaurants for lunch and (at least the one we were at) offers an outdoor shower, bathrooms, etc. not to mention delicious fresh cheap seafood for lunch. These two are known as the most beautiful beaches in the area, and less than an hour from Nuevo Vallarta area.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Mike

thanks both for you feedback.<BR><BR>Clarisa - how long ( time ) of ride on bus to EL Anclote. Also, easy to catch a bus back to PV ?<BR> Thanks<BR><BR>

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Clarisa

Mike, Approx. 1 hour. We caught the bus in front of the Guadalajara Pharmacia in Old Town about 10AM, 14 peso each way (this was a couple years ago). The bus is marked Punta Mita across the windshield. It was a local that stopped along the road when people flagged it down (grandmas, school kids, a guy with a car tire in hand!). Very fun.<BR><BR>Since you're already north in Nuevo (I'm not sure exactly where Paradise Village is but am assuming this), you could certainly find a closer stop. Ask your hotel desk clerk. There's a new-ish long distance bus terminal about 1 mile north of the airport, but I'm not sure if this route would originate from the station. Might possibly be as easy as standing on the highway in front of your hotel and waving one down.<BR><BR>I believe they run every hour or so, and DO know that they stop return trips around 5:30pm... so don't miss the last bus back to town! Again as far as catching it back you just went and stood at the spot on the road where they had dropped you off. In my experience everyone was very friendly and helpful even though I don't speak much Spanish. When we arrived there were just a few tourists left on the bus, & they pointed us down the path to the "playa" and waved us off. It would be a great beach for kids (shallow out for a long way, not rough water).