Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Boutique Hotel with all inclusive (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/boutique-hotel-with-all-inclusive-964258/)

maipi Jan 24th, 2013 03:01 PM

Boutique Hotel with all inclusive

I want to go to Puerto Vallarta Mexico to a nice and relaxing boutique hotel, with Spa if is possible and also with everything included. Can somebody recommend me one?

Rob50 Jan 24th, 2013 05:18 PM

Hello maipi. In reply to your question I went on december to Puerto Vallarta with some friends to the Landmark Hotel & Spa. It is s very nice relaxing place, and is all inclusive. The food is great, the views spectaculars, and first class service.

cabron Jan 25th, 2013 07:16 AM

Boutique and All Inclusive, don't really go together. here are boutique hotels
Casa Isabel
Hacienda San Angel
Hacienda Alemana
apart from the Landmark, which does call itself a "Boutique All Inclusive", Casa Velas also does the same.

Stewbear Jan 25th, 2013 08:20 AM

Add Amourita as a lovely Inn.

suze Jan 25th, 2013 08:46 AM

Villa Premiere, Casa Velas, the new Landmark fit closest to what you ask for.

But as cabron and Stewbear mention most of the true "boutique" properties in PV are more B&B style like staying in a private villa experience.

I'll add Quinta Maria Cortez to that list (not AI but definitley "boutique" and one of the few in that class situated directly on a beach).

Katzgar Jan 25th, 2013 11:25 AM

you would be hard put to find a different experience and clientele between a boutique hotel and an AI

suze Jan 25th, 2013 11:26 AM

Katzgar, Have you ever been to Puerto Vallarta? I seriously disagree with your statement.

Katzgar Jan 25th, 2013 01:39 PM

A boutique hotel by definition is small and has a bar and dining room. Totally different from an AI with multiple restaurants.

Katzgar Jan 25th, 2013 01:40 PM

oh yes. One can understand how a hotel works without going there but yes I have been to PV not that its relevant.

suze Jan 25th, 2013 03:11 PM

So why do you think they would give the same "experience"?

Katzgar Jan 26th, 2013 03:15 AM

i dont and didnt say that

Stewbear Jan 26th, 2013 05:43 AM

I think he/she means "More Different" than the 2 Suze.

suze Jan 26th, 2013 07:23 AM

<you would be hard put to find a different experience and clientele between a boutique hotel and an AI>

You're right Stewbear, I think there must be a word or two missing from what Katzgar meant to say.

Katzgar Jan 26th, 2013 10:21 AM

A boutique hotel is a quality experience, an AI is a cattle drive.

suze Jan 27th, 2013 07:27 AM

OK that makes sense. Just saying you had a word missing... couldn't find a MORE different experience.

maipi Feb 4th, 2013 06:47 AM

Thank you guys for your recommendations, I have been searching for all the hotels that you have mention. And I saw the website of the Ladmark Hotel & Spa, looks very cute, and relaxing. Casa Velas is too touristy and I want something more exclusive. I will make the reservation for Landmark Hotel & Spa, and will write about my experience upon my return :)

suze Feb 4th, 2013 09:53 AM

Landmark's brand new. Except for a *bunch* of advertising I haven't heard any actual real-life experiences from there yet.

KVR Feb 4th, 2013 11:46 PM

"A boutique hotel is a quality experience, an AI is a cattle drive."

That is NOT a true statement. There are a few small high end lux AI resorts out there and in no way are they considered a "cattle drive". Even some of the mid-ranged AI resorts we've been to in no way was a "cattle drive".

My one and only boutique non-AI hotel experience in Playa del Carmen, MX was not a great and I was so kicking myself I didn't book AI as I have done so many other times in the past. A mistake I will never make again. So it really depends on the person and their expectations for their vacation.

Unless you have true experiences with different types of AI resorts, like I have, and you apparently don't, opinions such as yours are unhelpful, inaccuarte and down right offensive.

Katzgar Feb 5th, 2013 04:06 AM

"Unless you have true experiences with different types of AI resorts, like I have, and you apparently don't, opinions such as yours are unhelpful, inaccuarte and down right offensive."

You have no way of knowing what my experiences may or may not be so no need to pretend you do. My opinion is just that my opinion agree or disagree as you will. Any broad statement will have exceptions but generally yes AI's are indeed cattle drives. Some people like to do cattle drives on their vacation. Did you see "City Slickers"?

Your need to find other peoples opinions as offensive really is unfortunate. We all have opinions and you need to learn to respect diversity.

suze Feb 5th, 2013 06:10 AM

And you could learn to be less negative all the time. I've read your replies on Trip Advisor. Always so negative negative negative, doesn't matter the topic. Nothing you have posted is of any help to this person's question. Just spouting off again.