Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Bosque del cabo would you splurge (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/bosque-del-cabo-would-you-splurge-521042/)

amlay Apr 13th, 2005 04:08 PM

Bosque del cabo would you splurge

I have read so many wonderful things about BDC but for my family of four its going to break the bank would you splurge thanks for any input

shillmac Apr 13th, 2005 06:24 PM

Break the bank it will. But how badly will it break it? Will your children be deprived of food and clothing and shelter for the coming year? If not, your kids will have a great time even while you're spending their inheritance! It's worth it. Can't count all the times we've broken the bank to take our kids somewhere we probably couldn't afford. Wouldn't trade it. BDC is also a great place for couples--very romantic!

dfarmer Apr 14th, 2005 04:55 AM

I absolutely loved our time at BDC. It is a place I hope to return to many times again.

However, we waited until our 4th trip to go here. I knew it was going to eat up a great chunk of my CR budget and there were always so many places I wanted to visit.

If you are decided to go to the PJ area of the Osa then I say break the bank and splurge on BDC. And save on your budget in other areas.

But if you decide to save this part of the Osa for another trip, you will still enjoy your other choices.

shillmac Apr 14th, 2005 07:04 AM

I agree with dfarmer. We, too, visited CR many times before taking the splurge to the Osa. But when we did go, we knew we wanted to stay someplace nice. It is like a vacation within a vacation.

amlay Apr 16th, 2005 05:34 AM

Thanks I will definately stay there. Is there much difference in the rooms as the rates vary. And are there any tours that you really enjoyed that we should try and do. We would love to see Macaws do you see them at BDC Thanks so much

amlay Apr 16th, 2005 05:54 AM

Thanks Keith for all the great tips. It's so nice to read your trip report and so helpful to all fellow travellers Sorry for the second post should of read your trip report first Now I'm so excited can't wait to go Thanks

ltilson Apr 16th, 2005 05:56 AM

I just returned from BDC a couple of days ago...we stayed in the standard cabinas, Pizote & Toucan. They had wonderful views of the ocean and were very private. I saw Macaws all day long! They have very loud, screechy calls so you can't miss them if you tried and seemed to always travels in pairs. They would sit the trees right outside of our cabinas when they weren't chasing each other around.

bluemonkey Apr 19th, 2005 04:19 PM

hi amlay...

my wife and i spent 3 nights on the osa peninsula and 3 nights at tabacon hot springs. all i have to say is: osa peninsula and bosque del cabo.

i am so pleased my trip report was useful to you; and hopefully to others.

con mucho gusto,

keith aka mono azul