Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Bosque Del Cabo Shots on Flickr (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/bosque-del-cabo-shots-on-flickr-764042/)

atdahl Jan 27th, 2009 08:36 PM

Bosque Del Cabo Shots on Flickr

I know a few of us are headed to BDC this month and have been itching for reports and pictures. I just stumbled upon some picture taken by weikeljd last week at BDC. There are some great shots here. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1820423...7613057506410/

steph270 Jan 28th, 2009 05:19 AM

Wow! Great pics...I'm trying to plan a trip that is NOT to CR..this is not helping...lol

weikeljd Jan 28th, 2009 12:10 PM

Hey Alan,

Thanks for posting the link to my pics! Please tag the thread with Bosque del Cabo so that people searching for it will find the link. I'm not sure how to do that...I just signed up on Fodors. Thanks again! Have a great time at BDC.

Jonathan

TucanCosta2009 Jan 28th, 2009 01:12 PM

1 week to go Alan and I can't wait for our 1st trip to CR. Your pics have me wanting to leave now!!!

Looking forward to catching up on the daily wildlife at the bar over a beer with you when we are there.

Tucan

volcanogirl Jan 28th, 2009 01:50 PM

Jonathan, your pictures are really beautiful; thanks for sharing them.

xyz99 Jan 28th, 2009 03:37 PM

Jonathan,
Beautiful pictures - thanks atdahl for posting the link.

If you don't mind, how long was the zoom you used? We'll be at BdC in 2-3 weeks, with a 300mm. Hope it's long enough...

Any special location you can recommend? Any tips? Thanks

TucanCosta2009 Jan 28th, 2009 05:11 PM

Sorry about that Jonathan, I thought those were Alan's. Bottom line those are some great pics. I am bring my Nikon D70S and just got a 70-300 lens which I can only hope to capture some of that photo magic while at BDC.

atdahl Jan 28th, 2009 08:12 PM

Jonathan,

I don't think I can tag posts here. People searching for Bosque Del Cabo will hit this thread due to the subject. Other more experience Fodorits can correct me if I am wrong about that.

Tucan, swapping stories at the bar is a given. We will be there.

XYZ99, I think the 300mm is fine. I am taking a 70-300, 105mm macro, and a wide angle lens. I am leaving my 500mm at home because I just can't justify the added weight when I have hardly used it on past rainforest trips. There is low light so a tripod and/or VR lens comes in really handy.

Anyone else have some lens tips?

mdn Jan 29th, 2009 03:09 AM

Amazing pics!! I'm not an expert at photography, but I just bought a zoom camera for my trip to CR starting end of next week. I got the Panasonic Lumix FZ28. It's not a DSLR (too expensive) but gives you tremendous zoom range - 18x at 10 MP and 32x optical zoom at 3 MP.
Even if I get 1 waterfall shot or 1 frog pic like weikeljd, it'll have been worth it.

weikeljd Jan 29th, 2009 04:13 AM

Hi xyz99,

I was shooting with an Olympus E520 with a 70-300 lens. The Olympus system is a bit different though, the 70-300 is the equivalent of a 140-600 on the standard 35mm system. Basically, the majority of those shots were shot at 600mm.

I'm really glad that you enjoyed them...BDC makes pics like those easy to come by. You won't have any trouble seeing just as much or more by simply walking around the main grounds of BDC. The monkeys and frogs/bugs/spiders were almost all taken by the big tree where the path breaks to go to Manglillo and the little pond along the main road.

Have a great trip!!!

shillmac Jan 29th, 2009 05:20 PM

Jonathan, WOW! Excellent photos. LOVED the insects and spiders. The Golden Orbs are so beautiful and you captured them well. Nice color.
And the dragonflies! Loved them.

Also, I really enjoyed the spider monkey photos (they are so familial!).

Thanks again. What a treat!

rwyatt5292 Feb 2nd, 2009 09:59 AM

John, great shots. Enjoyed meeting you and your wife on the nature tour and hike at the Bosque. Guess you weren't kidding about the Cardinals.

Rich

HansHederman Feb 2nd, 2009 07:38 PM

Thanks for sharing the pics, Jonathan. I'm guessing one of those beaches will be out my front door at Casa Bambu. Hope I have half of your camera skills.

mdn..... Got the same Panasonic Lumix FZ28. Hope I can learn how to take a picture in the next 10 days. Leaving the disposable cams home this time:-)

shillmac Feb 3rd, 2009 03:57 AM

You'll love the Panasonic. It's a great little camera.

janenicole Feb 3rd, 2009 05:19 AM

Excellent pictures! Really enjoyed looking at them.

volcanogirl Feb 3rd, 2009 07:53 AM

Costa Rica is the only place I've ever been where I thought the spiders were beautiful.

prizz22 Feb 14th, 2009 08:16 PM

I just stumbled onto this thread and thought I might as well contribute since technically I live at Bosque. I am the intern this winter and I post some of my pics on flickr too. If you can't wait to see what awaits, feel free to check them out! Props to Jonathan for his pics as well!

prizz22 Feb 14th, 2009 08:18 PM

Maybe I should actually paste the link...
http://flickr.com/photos/31057279@N06/

hipvirgochick Feb 14th, 2009 08:33 PM

Wonderful pics thanks for posting! How lucky you are to be interning at Bosque! I'm returning in June and will make a point to say hello if you're still there.

atdahl Feb 14th, 2009 08:37 PM

Just left you a comment. We met at BDC last week. Thanks for posting the link. I never grow tired of looking at pictures from the Osa.

Alan