Bosque del Cabo or El Remanso or Lookout Inn??

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosque del Cabo or El Remanso or Lookout Inn??

I'm leaving soon for my second trip to Costa Rica. I'll be doing a week of kayaking with Costa Rica Rios April 21-28, and then I will be traveling solo to the Osa Peninsula (via plane to PJ) April 29 - May 4.

I know BdC is a huge favorite but does anyone have any recent or comparison information about all three of these properties? I know Lookout Inn is cheaper and near Carate vs. the other two which are at Cabo Matapalo. I am having trouble choosing.

Any additional information would be welcome. I am looking to hike, birdwatch, view wildlife, sea kayak and relax, and I'll be on my own.

Thanks!
Babs
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 04:01 AM

Given that you are leaving this weekend, availability is going to be your big deciding factor. Have you checked with all 3 properties regarding if they have rooms for the times you want? I think that will probably make your decision. Highly recommend you call today!

I only stayed at BdC this February, but I did investigate the other two places. El Remanso has a couple of trails you can hike, but if you are going for hiking and wildlife viewing then you are going to want BdC - they have so many more hiking trails right on property.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 10:25 AM

Leaving so soon it really does depend on availability. Just me personally, having stayed at Lookout Inn & BdC, BdC wins hands down.
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Original Poster

El Remanso and Lookout Inn do have availability. I am still waiting to hear from BdC.

Anymore thoughts or recommendations on these?

Muchas Gracias!
Babs
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 01:43 PM

Hi Babs,
There is a reply to your question on TA as well. Don't know if it will help any but there is a little info.