Bosque Del Cabo Garden Cabinas/House

Old Mar 28th, 2021, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bosque Del Cabo Garden Cabinas/House

Hello all! I heard there were a lot of people here who have been to Bosque Del Cabo here!

Looking for some opinions for our honeymoon coming up in May. We had a trip planned to Peru but restrictions there are still very tight and I'm changing last minute to Costa Rica.
Love the look and feel of Bosque Del Cabo and it has come highly recommended. Most excited for Wildlife sightings and some beach time.

Doing the math. It looks like 400-500 dollar difference total for us (3 nights) between getting a deluxe cabina with ocean view and getting one of the garden cabinas or Casa Teka.
So I'm trying to decide if having a view of the ocean is worth that much of a price difference for me. This is definitely our BIG splurge for the honeymoon so these accommodations are already well out of our usual price range. And we could spend that 500 dollars elsewhere during the trip on food or activities elsewhere.

So what are some opinions? Has anyone stayed in the Garden cabinas? We are fit and don't mind the walk to/from.
My biggest concern is that there might be more flying insects like mosquitos/gnats/no seeums in the garden area since there will be no breeze from the ocean. Thoughts in that department?
Is there sunshine under the canopy or is it pretty thick? We love to sit out and read, listen to music, drink wine etc but if it's going to be buggy and somewhat low light then I would think the ocean views would be worth the extra.

There is also Vista Mar. That is the same price as the garden cabinas, and says it has an ocean view. But they have very few pictures of it. I have read it is attached to the owners house? Hows the privacy? It is our honeymoon after all. I don't want to have to be embarrassed.

Other questions about the property. I read there were potentially 2 calmer swimming beaches within walking distance. But possibly a pretty good walk... 30-45 minutes each way? Is that correct? Thats not a huge deal for us just checking that the walk would be worth it.

And finally. I know there is a bar. But no idea what drinks cost. Are we talking 2-3 dollars a glass of wine? 5-8 dollars? Can we purchase bottles of wine/champagne for the room?
If we stop at a store in puerto jiminez, can we bring bottles of wine for the room? Is there a small fridge or ice or any way to chill?

Thank you all!
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 08:01 AM

We've stayed at Bosque del Cabo and loved it - great place for wildlife lovers and people who enjoy hiking. We stayed in one of the ocean view cabins so I can't really comment on the garden cabins. We were still pretty hot and buggy in the ocean view cabin. Our room had a fan though and that helped. If you keep lights off that reduces the attraction for the bugs. We saw all four species of monkeys from our front porch. Also had scarlet macaws flying by every afternoon and saw toucans. We saw an anteater one day when we were hiking. Their trails and guides are excellent. When we were there it was all communal dining, hopefully you're okay with that for your honeymoon. We stayed in the Tucan cabin, and it had a great outdoor bathtub. As far as drink prices, I would just email and ask them what current prices are. The owners are really nice and helpful. The cabins do not have refrigerators; they didn't even have enough power to run a blow dryer. Some of the bigger cabins may have them though. They might also let you keep your wine at the bar. They let us fill our water bottles there since the bar has filtered water.
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 01:06 PM

Our family stayed in Casa Blanca the small house next to the owners that contains Vista Mar. The owners house is very private, view out to the ocean amazing with monkeys in the trees out front throughout the day. I would pick that over the garden units.

As far as beaches there is the long Pacific Ocean side beach that is not swimmable, but can walk down a ways to a picture-perfect waterfall. It is a steep walk up/down - not bad though. On the gulf side there are a series of three beaches each one calmer than the next. Walk down is not as steep as the pacific side, but longer. We arranged to be picked up and driven back at the third beach after three hours, owner himself picked us up charge was minimal. We went in August years ago, there were very few guests there at the time so had the place almost to ourselves.

We stopped at a store in town for some wine, coffee, breakfast stuff, snacks. Casa Blanca had a full kitchen so we saved a few $$ís doing breakfast ourselves. We did have some drinks at the bar, I don't remember them being outrageous.