Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Bosque del Cabo- Classic Cabina? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/bosque-del-cabo-classic-cabina-932097/)

sparklegem Apr 19th, 2012 05:03 PM

Bosque del Cabo- Classic Cabina?

Hola BdC fans!

I have been waiting, with my finger crossed, to hear back from Bosque on the availability of Casa Blanca for our dates. I just heard back... and it is booked. I am really sad. I got everyone excited, convinced my older parents to join us and we planned to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday there. :(

We have stayed in a Deluxe Cabina, but I am considering a Classic (sticker shock and two beds would be nice for our family of three). Could anyone tell me about the Classic Cabinas, how they are situated, what they are like and if they have an outdoor sitting area and a hammock? What is the order of preference?

I would love to have your input. I am sitting in my pitty pot, sad about Casa Blanca and know that I will have a few more days before I hear back from Bosque.

Thank you!!

Cattail Apr 19th, 2012 05:15 PM

The classic was great for just my husband and me. We stayed in Sol half the time, and a garden cabina the other half, in order to afford an extended stay. The garden cabina was fun, a bit hot. At Sol,monkeys swung through the trees and even on the roof of our canina, Fine ocean view and breezes. Yes, one hammock and a chair.
The outdoor garden shower with butterflies flying amongst the flowers, and monkeys right above us was pure heaven.

sparklegem Apr 19th, 2012 05:25 PM

Thank you Cattail! Your reply is so helpful and speedy! Sol does sound super nice. Was Sol you favorite of the three classic cabinas?

Cattail Apr 19th, 2012 06:06 PM

Sorry,I didn't see the other cabinas, sparklegem. Sol was recommended to me by "shillmac", a regular contributor (where are you,shill?) who I became very friendly with, and even met.She's visited BdC many times, and I trust her judgement.

The only caveat is that I'm not sure if Sol will feel a bit cramped shared with a teenager - been there,done that, lol!

volcanogirl Apr 19th, 2012 07:50 PM

Is Sol the one with the great view from the shower that shillmac always talks about?

sparklegem Apr 19th, 2012 08:29 PM

:)

tully Apr 20th, 2012 03:51 AM

Btw, there are only 2 classic cabinas now - Sol & Bambu. Pizote is now a deluxe with a loft after it's remodel last year. You also may want to ask about Cabina Aracari, that is the newest one. It is above Vista Mar and has been remodeled to be a 2 bedroom with a balcony.

Cattail Apr 20th, 2012 04:28 AM

vc, yup!

sparklegem Apr 20th, 2012 05:37 AM

Thank you for all the great cabina info! Cabina Aracari must be the super secret cabina :) Are there photos of it anywhere?

sparklegem Apr 20th, 2012 05:39 AM

Oh! I just found some photos on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0529653&type=3

volcanogirl Apr 20th, 2012 06:29 AM

Wow, aracari looks super nice - pretty swanky.

sparklegem Apr 20th, 2012 07:49 AM

I wonder where it falls in the pricing.

sparklegem Apr 20th, 2012 07:10 PM

I have been exchanging emails with BdC today! I am so excited! We are going to stay in Casa Blanca for the first four nights and then move into two cabinas for the last three nights. I am just waiting to hear back from them as to which cabinas are available.

Thank you everyone! I was so disappointed when it seemed like it was not going to work out but now I am thrilled that we will be traveling back to my very favorite place!!

shillmac Apr 22nd, 2012 02:31 PM

Just happened by. . . .

We stayed in Sol a few years ago with our grown daughter. It worked out just fine. She and I slept together and DH had a bed all to himself. It worked out just great for a few nights. Did I ever mention Sol has such a nice open shower? :)

shillmac Apr 22nd, 2012 02:36 PM

Hi girls!

volcanogirl Apr 22nd, 2012 03:04 PM

Hi, shillmac! Whenever I read about Sol, I think of you in the shower! :)

Cattail Apr 22nd, 2012 04:02 PM

Uh, once or twice.... ;)

sparklegem Apr 22nd, 2012 05:40 PM

Hi everyone! The two cabinas that they are reserving for us are Tucan and Manglillo. My parents will stay in one and my husband, duaghter and I will share the other.

Shillmac, so the loft was fine? Hmm, what happened in the shower? ;)

volcanogirl Apr 22nd, 2012 05:55 PM

We've stayed in Tucan - it's excellent. Lots of monkey sightings and an outdoor bathtub. It has a loft too.

sparklegem Apr 22nd, 2012 09:07 PM

Thank you, Volcanogirl! It does sound nice!

Did anyone sleep up in the loft? I have been wondering what it is like to sleep up there and if there are fans and lights.