Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   BoBo Hotel In B.A. (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/bobo-hotel-in-b-a-496963/)

travelday Jan 20th, 2005 10:41 AM

BoBo Hotel In B.A.

Has anybody stayed at the new BoBo Hotel in B.A.? I tried to book a room at Malabia House in Palermo Viejo but it's closed for renovations in May. They recommended this new boutique hotel. Looks sort of fabulous on the website but looks can be deceiving!
Any ideas?

drdawggy Jan 20th, 2005 03:27 PM

I don't know the hotel, but the area is in need of additional hotel space...lots of good bars and restaurants nearby, and not a very touristy part of town...looks great on the web

shahnm77 Apr 13th, 2005 02:12 PM

TravelDay,

Did you find any info on the BoBo Hotel? My fiancee and I found this place and it looks great, but wanted to get more info before booking.

Thanks,

travelday May 15th, 2005 03:42 PM

All the reviews I've read on tripadvisor.com seem favorable. We're leaving in two weeks and I'll let you know more when I get back.

milla May 15th, 2005 04:27 PM

the Bobo hotel in Palermo is exactly the way it looks on the web. Wonderful place for a quite stay in Buenos Aires.

santiagov May 16th, 2005 02:22 AM

I know Bobo both Hotel and restaurant, its a smalll boutique hotel with only 5 rooms
with different styles, service is very good and the restaurantis EXCELLENT !!
(Desserts could be better )Dónt miss the restaurant.
The new Hotel boutique in the area is FIVE , managed by a Ex Bobo .

wrldtrvlr May 30th, 2005 06:00 PM

My husband and I will be staying there in September. I found out about it in April or May's Conde Nast Magazine listed as one of the best new lodgings in BA. So, we're taking the recommendation!

travelday Aug 8th, 2005 04:52 AM

Hi All!

We're back (well...way back) and Bobo was outstanding! I would highly recommend it to anybody (perhaps not families). The room was fabulous - we stayed in Minimalism - loved the terrace and the bathroom. Service was excellent and the staff was so friendly. We felt at home for all six nights and were really quite sad to leave. Stay there if you can but book early!

santiagov Aug 8th, 2005 05:13 AM

Travelday :

Nice to hear you liked it, and your point about not family oriented is my opinion too.

KT_Tomlinson Aug 8th, 2005 06:04 AM

Thank you for your report on the Bobo -- we'll be staying in the same room in February!

Graziella5b Aug 9th, 2005 02:32 PM

Hi, for those liking BOBO and FIV E you will love the new ( opens late November) CAvas Wine Lodge in Mendoza. have a look at www.cavaswinelodge.com
I you'll know what I mean.

santiagov Aug 10th, 2005 07:40 AM

For those who like BOBO try :
Casa Monserrat
www.casa-monserrat.com

Although the neighbourhood is not the best, the house is a "dreamed" spot in BA, special for Tango lovers.
Contact Patricia for Tango lessons

barbacharters