Reload this Page >

Boat Rental on Ambergris Caye??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 07:29 PM
Mickie

<BR>I am looking into a trip to Ambergris Caye to snorkel. Do we have to take the snorkel boats or can we rent an outboard boat and go out on our own? Thanks for any info!

Old Apr 16th, 1999, 01:16 PM
paul

I was there 5 years ago and there are daily trip to the Hol Chan Marine Park??Check the spelling! for you to snokel. I stayed at the Belize Yatch Club which you can snokel right of the wooden pier...have you thought of going to a smaller caye? I heard that the southern caye are even better. Good luck. I came down there just to snokel and the dive instructor at Belize Yatch Club offer a free dive and I ended up getting certified PADI!!!in 3 days.

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 07:36 PM
chandler

mickie, don't think you can rent an outboard boat and anyway, it's better to go with a local who can take you to the best spots. tip: go to Caye Caulker. it's much cheaper. Consult the Central America Handbook published by Footprint for guides. <BR>chandler

Old Jul 30th, 1999, 03:09 PM
john.n

no you cant rent a boat & go yourself <BR>contact alphonso graniel in san pedro tell him john & loretta sent you. he is reasonable & we have snorkeled with him for 5 yrs. not safe to get to close to reef on your own. & he knows the best spots. which would take you a week to find. will be ther again in January at Sunbereeze hotel.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 03:21 PM
Bob

John, Sounds like you have been there many times. Glad you have enjoyed yourselves!

Old Sep 30th, 1999, 05:07 PM
Chris

We went with the cutest little old local man in a sailing hat. He has a glass bottom boat & advertised out of his home on the reef side of the island(toward the north end). He was cheap, but knew the best spots & was very nice to my wife & I. Good luck & have fun.