Blue Parrot Inn, Playa del Carmen

Old Mar 15th, 1999, 11:57 AM
Jody

Blue Parrot Inn, Playa del Carmen

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Which type of room? Like? Dislike? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Mar 17th, 1999, 09:14 AM
george

Went there for our honeymoon in 9/95 & just loved it! It's not a resort style hotel but it is great. We did the all-inclusive across in Cozumel for the first 1/2 and then stayed at BP for 4 days. Nice combo. It's right on the beach, just steps away from the water. When we went, we got the only air-conditioned room (#11 I believe). I think they've expanded by now but you should definitely request air. The room was big, queens at both the front and rear. Don't get one of the "bungalows" b/c they were extremely small. Pay the extra $ for the bigger room. The hammock right outside the front door was a nice touch. The "Dragon Bar," on premises, had happy hour all day. Staff was great. Downtown was just a short walk away. We recommended the place to honeymooning friends, they went & loved it also. We will go back in the next year or so. If you have specific Q's, feel free to email me. Good luck.

GR

Old Mar 21st, 1999, 05:38 AM
Rob

We stayed with friends in a 2 bedroom "suite" in 1997. Ouch! My BACK!! It has to be one of the ALL TIME WORST beds I've EVER slept on....hard as a rock. However, the room was reasonably priced and clean. The stay was very pleasant overall (EXCEPT THE BED!). For a budget hotel it ain't bad.

Old Mar 30th, 1999, 11:15 AM
Jody

Any more input on this motel? I am thinking of booking villa #4 but on the property's map it looks like it is next to the sports bar. Noisy???

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 10:39 AM
Anne

Jody,

I live in Cozumel and have stayed at the Blue Parrot several times. I don't know what they are calling the "Sports Bar", I was just there last week and never saw that. The beach bar outside does stay open until very late at night, so you might get some loud partiers on the beach sometimes. Other than that, I love this place, even the bungalows. The beach is literally at your front door. This is not a fancy place, but lots of character, great location, and I have enjoyed every stay there.