Search

Blancaneaux cabana question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2004, 05:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blancaneaux cabana question

In reading descriptions of the the accomodations at Blancaneaux, all the rooms are described as having Japanese Baths. But is this true? In reading some trip reports, people describe the bathrooms as small. Are the baths true ofuro? Do the cabanas have japanese baths or just showers?
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 06:00 AM

The baths in the villas at Blancaneaux, where I've stayed the last two or three times I've been there, are definitely Japanese style -- fabulous baths.

If I recall correctly, the baths in the cabanas are fairly small. They may have Japanese-style tile tubs, but I can't remember. Why not e-mail Blancaneaux and ask?

--Lan Sluder
Old Dec 24th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Lan, for the reply. I do appreciate it.

I did e-mail Blancaneaux...SEVERAL days ago about this and a couple of other questions that I had. I have not received a reply yet. I realize that Christmas is probably a very busy time for them, but I e-mailed several other Belize hotels and tour operators with questions, and every single one of them has replied. They not only replied, but they were kind, courteous, and if they could not help me, they gave information for someone who could help me. I have e-mailed other high-end resorts in the past during their busy season, such as Canyon Ranch in Tuscon, and not only have they responded to e-mails, but would follow up with a letter of phone call. This is what I expect of a "luxury resort"

As nice as Blancaneaux may be, I doubt if it will be getting my business.
Old Dec 26th, 2004, 06:38 AM

Things in Belize don't always go the way you'd expect them to. Things like email being down have a way of slowing things down. The Mountain Pine Ridge isn't Tucson, and it's quite possible you won't find any place in Belize to be up to your standards of efficiency, except possibly Cayo Espanto.

--Lan Sluder

Old Dec 28th, 2004, 03:52 AM

It's an onsen (spelt wrong) bath. In defence of BL, they usually reply in a timely manner and if they didn't, pls factor in that our email system has been up and down and give them another chance. Their tardy reply is by no means a reflection of their efficiency or hospitality. I've booked scores of clients into all their hotels who have all been more than satisfied with the lodges, rooms and services. Don't discount them so quickly.
Old Dec 28th, 2004, 10:25 AM

I have to agree with Katie and Lan....give them another try. I booked directly with them by email...the responses I got were always quick and courteous...