Blancaneaux and Turtle Inn Belize

Jun 11th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Blancaneaux and Turtle Inn Belize

I like the looks of both of these places for my honeymoon. I am looking to say at a garden view cabana at Blancaneau (to save a little money) and then seafront cottage in the turtle inn. Has anyone staying in these cottages? How are they? How are the resorts? Are their good restaurants in the Placencia town?
Jun 11th, 2004, 08:06 AM

Good restaurants in Placencia village and up the peninsula. Good idea to take the seafront at TI as the rooms do not have a/c, but do have very good celing fans. Both lodges are wonderful, well run, unique and in lovely areas of the country. Lots to see and do, you'll be thrilled with your choices.
Jun 11th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much, Katie!
Jun 12th, 2004, 01:51 PM

I agree with Katie.

I don't think the cabana locations matter much at Blancaneaux. The big difference there is between the cabanas and the villas. The cabanas are nice; the villas are fantastic.

Turtle Inn is great, too. I've only stayed at the seafront two-bedroom villas there, which were unbelievable, but the cabanas look nice, too. The closer you are to the water, the better.

--Lan Sluder
Jun 14th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Lan!

Would you reccomend staying somewhere else in the jungle or is Blancaneaux a top pick?

Also will be able to make Tikal a day trip or should we stay overnight? If so do you have any resort suggestions in that area?
Jun 14th, 2004, 10:36 AM

BL is in a pine forest, not tropical foliage. If you want a jungle lodge in tropical forest in Belize closer to Tikal, look at www.chaacreek.com or www.duplooys.com
There is tropical forest in the area close to BL, but not on or near their property. You'll be looking at pine trees.
Jun 14th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Katie! Do you know how far Chaa Creek is from BL and then from Chaa Creek to Turtle inn in Placencia? We are going to rent a car and will be travelling for two weeks. Originally, I was planning on BL for the first week and then Turtle Inn for the second week. I did like Chaa Creek too and if is close to Tikal, I think its worth it to stay there for a few nights. So, now I am thinking Chaa Creek for 4 nights...BL for 5 nights and then Turtle Inn for 6 nights. Is that a good order? We definitely want to end with Turtle Bay on the beach, but I am wondering the most logical order of the other two. Any suggestions?
Jun 14th, 2004, 04:34 PM

Chaa Creek is a little over an hour from Blancaneaux by road. Distances in Belize aren't that great.

All three places are excellent. I've stayed at all of them multiple times, except Turtle Inn where I've only stayed once.

Personally if I had two weeks I'd spent a little of it on Ambergris Caye, which is the most popular destination in Belize (for some good reasons), or somewhere else that's a little different, but if you want to stay just on the mainland, I'd say a week is PLENTY of time in Placencia and you could split your time between Blancaneaux and Chaa Creek.

--Lan Sluder