Notices

Black Rock Lodge or Crystal Paradise Resort

May 9th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Black Rock Lodge or Crystal Paradise Resort

Girlfriend and I are looking to stay in the Cayo District Area/Jungle for about 5 nights. Price being equal, which resort would you reccommend? We are looking to do Cave Tubing, ATM, Caracol with side trip to Rio Frio and Rio On, and Crystal Cave or Black Hole Drop. last day/night would be doing what the resort has to offer (canoeing, kayaking, hiking, etc.). I'd appreciate any thoughts on the itinerary and also comments regarding the lodging. Thanks!!
May 11th, 2012, 10:33 AM

BRL is further upstream and away from town in denser jungle on a particuarly scenic portion of the river. CPR outside of a small village, about 15 mins from town. Both are good options.
May 11th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the response Katie. Although the lodging is basically the same price, outfitters/tour companies are charging $10 more/person to pick up from Black Rock Lodge, and it looks like the meals will end up costing us $45 more/person as well. That being said, if Black Rock is more of a jungle experience, then it would be worth the ~$100/person more difference. Any further thoughts on these two properties would be greatly appreciated!
May 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM

BRL is a jungle experience. CPR is on the outskirts of a village, as I said above. BRL will cost more for tours, as its more remote, but it is the jungle that you are asking for.

Search this Thread