Best way to see Nazca lines in limited time??

Old Apr 6th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to see Nazca lines in limited time??

I am in the middle of working out an itinerary to Peru (17 days)and Buenos Aires (7 days) for October/November this year for myself and my mum. I am stuck on how to add Nazca lines into the trip... I have heard differing reports on the day flights and the day bus rides down there and was wondering if anyone who has gone there recently could give me sone recommendations on which company they used and the approx price.

Thanku.
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 04:48 AM

we wanted to fly there but the only way to do that is a flight from lima to ica on a charter flight - VERY expensive. So we went by private transfer there, stopping off to see the ballestas islands along the way. Did it part of a complete tour with Nomadic Adventures. I recommend going as we loved it. Also see the graves of the chauchilla while you are there. Fascinating
Old Sep 11th, 2008, 06:22 AM

We did about the same route as bramdt after discovering, also, that the flight was very expensive. We arranged a tour thru our hotel in Lima (after MP, Titicaca and the northern Amazon area). We stopped at Paracas for 2 nights (Hotel Paracas - lovely resort that seemed like it stepped out the 50's - quiet, bouganvillas, stucco, red tile roofs). Saw the Ballestas Islands (mini Galapagas). Then on to Nazca; stayed at Nazca Lines Hotel - very nice; flew over the lines in 4-seater plane; and, yes, the graves of Chaucilla were very interesting -- worth the time. Hope you have a fabulous vacation - Peru is just wonderful!!
Old Sep 13th, 2008, 11:34 AM

Any trip to Peru should include the Nazca lines. We went from Lima by bus. Double decker, air conditioned even TV with English subtitles. Both men and women's restrooms. We were deposited in front of our hotel. The trip down is rather long but interesting.
Old Oct 25th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Hi does anyone remember which tour outfit you went with to see the Nazca lines?

Thanks,
EG
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 06:34 PM

I was in Peru in early Oct and we did the day trip from Lima to Nazca. We left very early in the morning (like 6 am I think) and drove several hours by private car (not bus) to Nazca and returned to Lima by 7 or 8 that evening.

After a flight over the Nazca lines we had lunch at a nearby resort hotel ('Dunes' I think)and then took a dune buggy ride and tried sandboarding. All arrangements were made with our tour company Kuoda (Jole, our booking agent was great and you can contact her through www.kuodatours.com).

Working on my trip report and sorting photos for posting. Will post both within the next 10 days, but wanted to answer your quick question first.
Old Nov 10th, 2009, 03:19 PM
afz

It's very easy to do yourself. From Lima Soyuz is one of many bus companies doing that route, leaving every 15-20 minutes. Once you get to Nazca just go to the airport and book a flight, the cost is $50 plus a few dollars airport tax. Also very easy to continue on from Nazca overnight to Arequipa and then Cusco or Puno, no need to go back to Lima.