Reload this Page >

Best Snorkeling near playa del carmen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Jason

Any suggestions re: best areas to snorkel around playa del carmen or cozumel?<BR><BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Jason

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:39 PM
becky

Just returned from a week on the beach at Puerto Morelos north of Playa del Carmen. There is a reef off shore which you can get to by boat for about $15-20 per person for 2 hours. The guide will snorkel with you. We didn't see lots when we went, but I heard at times there are tons of fish to see.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 03:36 AM
kbs

Take the ferry to Cozumel for snorkeling. It's an easy 1/2 day excursion and the snorkeling there is far superior.

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Jason

Any particular area or spot in Cozumel?<BR>Thanks - Jason

Old Mar 15th, 2002, 06:19 AM
jane

Hi<BR>On Cozumel try Playa Corona.Unlike Chankanaab there is no admission and no crowds of cruise ship passengers. I think we saw more fish there than at Chankanaab. Also there is a little beach side bar (can't remember the name) just before you reach the Fiesta Americana where the snorkeling is very good. Just buy a couple of beers and snorkel all afternoon. That's the great thing about Cozumel - lot's of great places to snorkel virtually for free. There's no need to pay for a boat excusion to see lot's of fish etc.