Best Resort in Mexico?

Old Oct 22nd, 1999, 07:55 PM
carmen

Best Resort in Mexico?

This may sound like an ad but it's most definitely not. Just want to post my 2 pesos about Las Ventanas in Cabo. We've been to dozens of the world's best hotels/resorts in Hawaii, US, France, Italy, Suisse, etc. and Las Ventanas ranks right up there in the top 3 for me. Cabo lacks many desirable vacation qualities, but has great weather, tranquility and beautiful beaches in abundance. The resort is a tremendous accomplishment. Very beautiful, tastefully done, not overdone or kitschy, outstanding service, friendly and accommodating staff, great food. Rooms are large, great bathrooms. View is a must, though (we switched to a room with double beds instead of a king just to have a full and unobstructed view of the sea right out our window and thought it was a fair trade). Big drawback? It's ungodly expensive for Mexico. But for those looking for a splurge, I couldn't recommend Las Ventanas any more highly.

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 12:28 PM
Dan Cronin

I cannot agree more. Was at Las Ventanas last year for my honeymoon, it was incredible. You're in Mexico, but the influence is part Mediterranean, Spanish, it's unreal. I t was so luxurious. Even Mark McGwire was there, after hitting his 70 home runs!

Old Nov 22nd, 1999, 06:12 PM
Chris

How much ungodly expensive is it?

Old Nov 23rd, 1999, 10:20 PM
Ben

Carmen, can you give us a rundown of the top 9 resorts you've stayed at in the past? (I'll let Las Ventanas use up the 10th spot)! Thanks!

Old Nov 24th, 1999, 09:58 AM
KatW

Fabulous resorts in Mexico:

Las Alamandas on Costa Alegre
Casa que Canta in Zihuatanejo
Maroma, south of Cancun
Four Seasons Punta Mita, north of Puerto Vallarta
Villa del Sol in Zihuatanejo