Best rain forest guide and Tour companies for Rafting and Canopy in Arenal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I leave Monday for our first CR trip- 2 nights in Arenal, 3 nights in Los Suenos area. Can you give me the name of tour companies you recommend? We would like to do a canopy/hanging bridge and rafting tour. Also who was the best guide you had in either Manuel Antonio or Arenal? We are planning to do a night and day hike in one of the parks. We are staying at the Volcano Lodge and Springs in Arenal and Los Suenos Marriott.

Any recommendations for restaurants or best hot springs would be appreciated too.

TIA
Old Jul 14th, 2015, 03:49 AM

In the Arenal area, Desafio is a great tour company with wonderful guides. We've also had good luck with Sunset Tours. Rios Tropicales is great for rafting. In Manuel Antonio, Juan Brenes with Manuel Antonio Expeditions is good. For hot springs, go with Eco Termales for small and charming or Tabacon if you want over the top and more elaborate. Best hiking at the Arenal area is at the Hanging Bridges. The waterfall hike is pretty as well.
Old Jul 14th, 2015, 07:00 AM

We used Jade Tours in Manuel Antonio. We were happy. Arrived on time, professional guides with degrees in biology, etc. we did a tour of MA with swimming, then it ended with snacks/drinks at a restaurant.
Old Jul 14th, 2015, 09:19 AM

Don Rufino has good food in La Fortuna. We've also enjoyed eating at Nayara and at The Springs Resort and Spa if you want something fancier. La Choza de Laurel is good for casual food. We also liked El Novillo - not sure if it's still there.
Old Jul 14th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions.
Old Jul 14th, 2015, 06:55 PM

I have a few for Manuel Antonio too, but I have to go back and check my notes. I know we liked Barba Roja and Cafe Agua Azul - a lot of the places have nice sunset views so arrive before dark if you can. Ronny's Place/Mi Lugar is also popular - good sangria. On our first night we were pretty wiped out, so we just had a pizza from Victoria's delivered.
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

volcano girl, Which guides have you used for Manuel Antonio? Did you do Carrara?
Old Jul 23rd, 2015, 09:41 AM

Juan Brenes that I mentioned above is my favorite. He's great at spotting things. We were near Carrara but didn't tour it. We did Jose's Croc Tour and enjoyed it. We used Juan Brenes for a guided tour of the national park and for the Damas mangrove tour. He found a tiny silky anteater for us - that was really cool.