Cabo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2017, 02:01 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabo

We are traveling with a group to Cabo in late January. None of us have ever traveled there so do not know anything about the different areas. We are all young in our mid to late 60's. We enjoy walking a beach but not necessarily swimming in the ocean. These are some recommendation from a travel agent, any feedback.
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos
Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Resort
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 04:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't have much time right now but will post later with more details. Take a look at a map. Cabo consists of San Jose, the Corridor, and Cabo San Lucas. Pros and cons with all. It appears most of the places listed are AI. We go down almost every year and have never don AI as we like to go out to all the great restaurants.

Will post more later.

Tripadvisor had a more active Los Cabos forum.
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 05:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
As above, you need to look at a map!

When I went to Cabo I stayed right downtown because I wanted to be able to walk everywhere. I was in a traditional Mexican 3-star hotel about a 10 minutes walk from both The Marina and Medano Beach. Which was perfect for me.

At least some of the resorts you list are out on "The Corridor" and you'd need a car or taxi every time you want to leave the resort.

Basically lay of the land: there's the airport, the town of San Jose del Cabo, the tourist Corridor in between along the coast, then Cabo San Lucas on the tip of the peninsula. Cabo is 29 miles from the airport, so not a short distance.
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a friend recommend Club Cascades but they do not have availability. We will need 4- 6 rooms.
Old Sep 8th, 2017, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The Holiday Inn is right on San Jose and handy to the town center. My brother in law and his wife like staying there since they enjoy the AI.

RUI and Hacienda are on the Corridor. Transportation would be needed to go to either SJ or CSL. RUI is AI, not sure about Hacienda.

Finisterra is in CSL facing the Pacific. Handy to town and on a lovely, but not swimmable beach. In fact, most of the beaches, though beautiful, have dangerous undertows.

We like staying in both SJ and CSL as we like going into town for meals and bars. In CSL, we stay at the Pueblo Bonito properties. Villa Del Palmar is also nice. AI is optional. PB had an adult only complex on the Pacific side called Pacifica.

Club Cascadas is on Medano Beach between Villa Del Palmar and Pueblo Bonito Rose. Nice location on Cabo's only swimmable beach. A lot of action and beach bars.

With such a large group, maybe look at a house or VRBO.

We are headed down in November. Can't wait!