Reload this Page >

Best Place for Kids in Central/South America

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2000, 03:19 AM
Jon

I'm hoping to travel to South or Central America in the summer of 2001. I will be traveling with my wife and two kids who will be 13 and 14. Costa Rica appeals to us, but we haven't done much research on any other countries. The main thing we want to see is the wildlife(tropical,) but we would also like to be able to snorkel and see ruins if at all possible. We would also like to see anything else unique to the country that all of us will enjoy. Would Costa Rica be a good place for the kids, even though it lacks good snorkeling and ruins? Please tell me where you think the best place is. Thanks.

Old May 6th, 2000, 08:12 AM
Dennis

<BR>Its a perfect place for kids that age. There is so much for them to see and do. Go to: http://community.webtv.net/N0336/CostaRicaTravel and will give you a multitude of things to do and see. If you have any questions just E Mail me and I'll be sure to answer. Dennis

Old May 10th, 2000, 01:41 AM
Sandcrab

I have never seen any country as diverse as Belize. Wildlife abounds as any trip through the jungles and rainforests by boat will attest to. <BR> <BR>Tour operators pick you up at your hotel dock on Ambergris Caye, Belize and whisk you across to the mainland and up the river. You will see Jabiru storks the largest bird in the world with over a 6 foot wingspan, toucans, howler monkeys, crocodiles, and even a jaguar, ocelot, or jaguarundi if your very lucky. You will definitely see plenty of wildlife on the way and on the return trip, and then end up at the Lamanai ruins site or Altun Ha. Your choice. <BR> <BR>To top it all off, on Ambergris Caye you will be about 1/2 mile from the largest live barrier reef in the western hemisphere. The snorkeling and diving are second to none. What more could kids or parents ask for and don't forget...the language in Belize is English which makes it a lot easier to communicate. <BR> <BR>**Jim

Old May 10th, 2000, 01:44 AM
Sandcrab

I forgot to mention that if you want to see more about Belize you may want to try a peek at www.ambergriscaye.com <BR> <BR>**Jim

Old May 16th, 2000, 03:09 PM
santiago

CHILE maybe offers the large divertsity of landscapes in the world. <BR> <BR>1)The desert at the north. Visit san Pedro de Atacama and surroundings. Culture, geisers, Atacama salt and more. <BR>Considered a top destination in the world. <BR> <BR>2)Easter Island. The most isolated place of the world and rich in culture. <BR>Considered a top destination in the world. <BR> <BR>3)Lakes District. Lakes, magnificent volcanoes and marvelous landscapes. <BR> <BR>4)Torres del Paine National Park. Glaciers, impressive mountains, lakes, one of the most unspoiled zones of the world. Considered a top destination in the world. <BR> <BR>5)Antarctica. Considered a top destination in the world. <BR> <BR>For specific information do not hesitate to contact me

Old Nov 6th, 2001, 07:20 AM
omate

Our family which includes a 13 yr old girl and 15 yr old boy hiked the Inca Trail this summer. It was a fabulous shared adventure. We also toured the Andean regions , but sharing the physical exertion with macchu Picchu as a reward was just right for us. The kids showed the fine qualities i knew they had but are often lost in the self absorbed world of US High School life.