Best Golf in Mexico?

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 01:15 PM
Eileen

Best Golf in Mexico?

Golfers, please tell me which golf courses/resorts you like in Mexico. My husband is an avid golfer and will only go where there is great golf. We have been to Aruba, Puerto Rico and Acapulco and are looking for some recommendations of other places to go. Thanks!

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 01:24 PM
sara

I'm not a golfer but have talked to some in Cabo that say the courses are nice. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has golfed down there. It looks beautiful. Don't they have some kind of senior slam there?

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabo has exceptional golf courses. 4 or 5 world class courses there. The Melia is particulary nice, and the relatively new Nicklaus course (about 5 years) is vintage Nicklaus.

If you've played in Acapulco, I'd appreciate your thoughts on the courses there. I'll be there on a cruise ship in March, just for the day. Something close by would be great as we have a relatively short stay. Thanks
Old Jan 19th, 2004, 02:33 PM

I have been to every major place in Mexicoand although all golf course are nice ..what is not tolike about grren grass and manicured greens!!!
The nicest golf course that I ever layed eyes on bar-none, was at Barra de Navidad, about 20 miles outside of Manzanillo.
Iwill not even try to explain how lovely it is with its cobblestone car paths, water bridges, lush lush fairways and greens.

There are of course many nice gold course at Manzanillo.
If I was going to go strictly for golfing to Mexico,then "fore" (pun) sure it would be to Manzanillo and then have them come to pick me up for the golf course at this lovely resort.
Of course you can stay right at this resort and golf everyday!!
Percy
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 10:19 AM

I think Percy is referring to Grand Bay Isla de Navidad, very upscale big resort. I don't golf but check out El Tamarindo, north of Manzanillo, fantastic secluded bungalow resort with a beautiful empty golf course that winds though hills & overlooks the ocean. We stayed at both places on the same vacation.
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 10:20 AM

oops, just saw how old the original post was....oh well maybe someone can use the info...
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 05:56 AM

That's okay, PeggyE, I am the original poster and I am still on this board! Since posting that message we have been to the Turks & Caicos (Provo Golf Club - very nice), Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen (fantastic resort and the Playacar Golf Club was nice too) and the Ritz Carlton Rose Hall in Jamaica (White Witch Golf Course absolutely incredible). In April we are trying the Four Seasons Punta Mita, Mexico, the Tail of the Whale Golf Course is supposed to be unbelievable. Thanks for responding!
Old Jan 22nd, 2004, 05:47 AM

Go to Cabo and play Cabo Del Sol. It is one of the finest courses you can play anywhere. Both courses you mentioned in Playa del carmen are like bad municipal courses compared to Cabo Del Sol. It is expensive but the conditions and beauty of the course are unreal. We saw whales on one of the ocean holes and that topped it all. I am looking forward to playing at Tres Vidas in Acapulco in March. I hope it is half as nice.