Notices

Best driving routes in Costa Rica

Old Aug 4th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best driving routes in Costa Rica

Hi - My family will be vacationing in Costa Rica for 12 days August 15-26th. We will be flying into San Jose and have hired a driver to take us to our first destination in Manuel Antonio. Once there, we will be renting a car for the rest of our stay.
We will be first driving from Manuel Antonio to the La Fortuna area (staying at El Silencio del Campo) and then, after four nights there, driving to Tamarindo (staying at Cala Luna). We will have GPS in the rental car but I was hoping someone with knowledge of the driving could provide me with the best suggested routes. Also, since it will be a long drive, we'd like to do some sightseeing along the way. Someone on this forum recommended the giant crocodiles in the Rio Tarcoles........where exactly is that along the way?

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Lisa
Old Aug 4th, 2016, 01:58 PM

Rio Tarcoles is on the road to/from MA. Do not leave you car unattended, or at least keep an eye on it. Your hotels can give you the best routes to your next destination.
Old Dec 7th, 2016, 10:57 AM

Check http://www.yourtravelmap.com/costarica/travelmap/ for driving times and directions! Yes, Tarcoles is a must! On the way to Tamarindo you could make a stop at the Llanos de Cortes waterfalls. They are close to Liberia.