Search

El Dorado Resort and Spa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 07:08 AM
Mary

El Dorado Resort and Spa

Hello everyone. <BR> <BR>Has anyone been to the El Dorado Resort and Spa recently in the Mayan Riviera? If so, can you please tell me about the accommodations, food, activities and what the snorkelling and scuba diving is like there. <BR> <BR>Is this a party resort or is it quiet? <BR>Please let me know what your impressions are of this resort. <BR> <BR>Thank you. <BR> <BR>Mary <BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 04:17 AM
gina

Mary, <BR> <BR>Excellent resort! We honeymooned there. I wouldn't exactly call it a party place as it depends on the other guests there at the time. We were there for two weeks - the first was a party every night. The second week most of the guests had left and were replaced with a new group. Our room was quite a distance from the restaurants and bars so if we didn't feel like partying, the noise didn't bother us. Much lower key than the first group! However, the food is excellent - they aim to please. The staff was the best we experienced at a resort before or since. You can snorkel right off the beach in front of the resort and it was quite good. The rooms were a good size and we loved having a ground floor room. There was a large jacuzzi on our patio and then you stepped off the patio directly on to the white sand. A two-minute walk through the sand brought us to the best part of the beach where there were palapas on the beach and they also serve drinks on the beach. We want to return next year and we never return to the same destination, let alone the same resort, twice!

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 05:24 AM
Mary

Hi Gina. Thanks for responding to my queries. Can you please tell me when it was you were there. Was it recent? <BR> <BR>Thanks Gina <BR> <BR>Mary

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 08:10 AM
gina

Feb 99 but our friends went there and felt the same way in Feb 2000

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 08:11 AM
gina

Ooops ... also should have asked ... is there a aprticular concern you have with the place - recents changes or something?

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 06:29 PM
LIZ

We're also thinking about the EDR for this year's vacation...We were at the Royal Hideaway in November and I think we've been spoiled!...But this looks to be the next best and it's much less expensive! <BR> <BR>Checkout this trip report with photos~~~ <BR>http://www.datawebdynamics.com/edr/main.stm <BR> <BR>LIZ

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 06:31 PM
LIZ

Oops!...You were talking about the old El Dorado...Sorry! <BR> <BR>LIZ