Best cheap, close to town of Puerta Vallarta for older teens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2003, 08:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter who is 18 and 2 of her other 18 yr old friends want to go to puerta vallarta in feb. my daughter is only one who has been there before, we stayed at club viva, and las palmas, but she wants to be right in town. Any decent places to stay right in town for an all-inclusive fun, safe place for them?
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 10:59 AM

The Hotel Buenaventura, we stayed there in may, fun place for teens and oldies alike. Great staff, basic rooms, clean safe and right downtown.
They offer an AI if you want and the food is very good. Don't stay at the sister hotel next door, it's stuffy and more $. I think it's the Premiere.

We had a great time there, we hung out with people from 18 to 75 years old.
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I was actually just looking at some info on that hotel. Do they have activities for the teens during the day and water activities. Funny, i did a search on the Buenaventura and not too much info. But i will check more into it. Thanks!
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 12:54 PM

They have an activities desk by the pool, they do water arobics, bingo, volley ball and whatever. They also have certain nights they take you as a group to certain bars with Alex the activitie director. He keeps an eye on everyone and is always available.
The Hotel Buenaventura has a web sight buenaventuraonline.com.mex. I have been to PV 5 times and stayed there all but 1 time. I took my oldest son when he turned 21 and then my 2 youngest when they were 5 and 7. it really is geared to any age group, and they treat you well.
We are going xmas with the 2 young ones that are now 20 and 18 but we are staying next door at the Casa Claudia because we wanted a kitchen and 2 bedrooms. Still plan on hanging out at the Buenaventura.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 06:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There are fewer all-inclusives where I'd consider "right in town" is my impression. Pretty sure the Playa Los Arcos or San Marino Plaza offer A-I plans down on Playa Los Muertos, but don't think they offer the range of activities you want.

I've spent alot of time in El Centro (downtown) and the Old Town (south of the river) areas. There are plenty of truly "cheap" Mexican family-run hotels, but more basic accommodations than I think you're looking for. I'd consider any of them "safe".

To me the Buenaventura (there's two locations, with slightly different names, I think) closest to town would be a thought, but it is still a bit of a walking distance or short bus ride to actually get into what I'd call "town" (i.e., the main cathedral, the Malecon seawall promonade, etc.).
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

thanks suze, im wondering maybe about the hotel zone, if i remember thats about a 10 min bus ride into town
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 09:47 AM

The center of town is an easy walk. We walked from the Buenaventura every day and quite a few nights, even my mom ,who is 73 walked it. Some nights we would take a taxi back and that was $2.00.
We also walked to old town, it's a bit of a hike but doable without any problems.