Best beaches in Puerto Vallarta

Mar 22nd, 2000, 03:24 PM
Sandy

Best beaches in Puerto Vallarta

We've never been to Puerto Vallarta. I was wondering which area has the best swimming beaches? Our kids are 11 and 14 and love to swim but I have heard that some of beaches are pretty dangerous. Which is better nuevo or Mismalaya? Any recomendations on all-inclusive resorts? Tours?
Thanks for your help.
Sandy

Mar 23rd, 2000, 10:11 AM
elena garza

Hola Sandy!
Bienvenidos! Welcome! So glad that you are planning to spend your holidays inlla de Mismaloya. It is a great resort and sits on one of the best beaches.
Nuevo Vallarta also is o.k. for beach areas. La Jolla is also a very complete all inclusive. About the only inconvenience is the distance.I would imagine that you will be coming into town for some sightseeing, shopping and walking on the malecon(boardwalk of sorts)If this is your first visit to PV, perhaps you should consider an all inclusive in PV, such as Las Palmas, or Qualton Club & Resort, or Meza del Mar.
Please contact me if you have more questions.
Gracias,
Elena Garza
[email protected]

Mar 24th, 2000, 05:31 AM
dan

Mismalya beaches are better! www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm

Mar 26th, 2000, 09:24 AM
brent

Hi Sandy,
The best beaches that I can recall in Bahia Banderas were on both the North and southern areas of the bay. Don't know how accesable the beaches on the North side are anymore, it's been a while...they required a short journey by highway but were worth it!
Enjoy!

Apr 5th, 2000, 07:00 PM
Kim

Stayed at Mismaloya last March and it was excellent. The beach is beautiful and was good for swimming. If I go back to PV that is where I would stay again.

Apr 8th, 2000, 06:01 PM
Mike

We have stayed in Neuvo Vallarta five times over the past four years, and are returning at Christmas with our children and grandchildren. The advantage of the beaches there is that you can walk uninterrupted for miles. The walk is safe, and the beaches are safe. When the tide is out, there is an impressive expanse of sand. I found these beaches much less crowded and less intrusive by vendors than Mismaloya. You and your kids would love it there!

Apr 13th, 2000, 07:38 PM
kelly

Whatever you do don't stay at The Blue Bay. The beach is all rocks. It stinks there and we got very sick from the food. Bad experience!

Apr 14th, 2000, 05:29 AM
Don

I like the vendors and musicians and whatnot. Particularly the shrimp or marlin on a stick guy. I don't want the beach to myself Im not Howard Hughes. Los Muertos Beach is lively and fun. The beach just south of Muertos is more quiet but I dont think children belong there.