Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Best All Inclusive in Cancun and Playa Del Carmen-All inclusive

May 7th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

Hi,

We're going to Cancun in July and we'd like to know which all inclusive is the best one.
We're inclined to go to Sun Palace or Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun or in PDC Gala Resort or Crown Paradise... based on what we have been reading on the web.Any thoughts or advices??? We are going to celebrate our wedding anniversary with our 19 month old baby girl.
Thanks,

Anna and Family
May 8th, 2004, 07:59 AM

"best" is subjective

best beach
best rooms
best location
best staff
best activities
best value

Give specifics, also try: www.playadelcarmeninfo.com

May 8th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your answer.

We are thinking in which of all inclusives have the best beach, best food, best place to be with a toddler... We're going to take a look at www.playadelcarmeninfo.com.

Best Regards,

AnnaBea

May 8th, 2004, 06:22 PM

Based on your preferences, pass on Cancun, the beaches are not that good and the surf/currents can be rough. The Playacar area south of PDC might be your best bet and the Gala is a great choice. We have gone 3 straight years. The beach is great and the surf is usually quite small for young kids.

However, there is no such thing as "best" food for AI as they are buffets. What they lack in quality is usually made up by having numerous choices.

Good luck.
May 8th, 2004, 07:41 PM

I will suggest to you to check out the Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan. We stayed there 2 years ago with our 10 yr old & 6Yr old and absolutely LOVED the resort.. We are going in 6 weeks back to the other Iberostar with our 9 month old along with the other 2 children. We wanted to try the other so we would not be having the same vacation over again.. But, I do not think you will be dissappointed..I think you and your family will enjoy every minute!! Food, you only get the reservation ones 2 times there so make reservations when you get to any AI.. otherwise it's buffet.. hope this helps
May 12th, 2004, 02:39 PM

The Omni in Cancun has one of the best AI's I think. They do have buffet breakfasts and lunches, but you can also order ala carte for any meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner, so you are not limited to buffets. They have a neat restaurant right on the beach that serves wonderful breakfasts and lunches (ala carte). It's a great way to start the day. They also have a fine dining restaurant, Da Vinci's, that is open in the evenings and only by reservation. I like most everything about this resort. They are located on a beautiful section of the beach and have top-notch service.
May 14th, 2004, 09:36 AM

The "best" all inclusive is in PDC- Royal Hideaway
May 14th, 2004, 09:44 AM

I agree with the praise for the Royal Hideaway, but it's got a minimum age requirement - since you'll be traveling with your baby girl, this wouldn't be an option for you.
May 17th, 2004, 02:20 PM

my partner and I took my 3 sons to PDC's RIU palace 12/2002 and it was great. It was very affordable(suntrips) and a very bueatiful resort. the food was good and the service great. I loved the beach and my kids thought it was the best place they have every been. RIU had 4 hotels adjoining-so you can visit all of them at no charge.
May 18th, 2004, 09:26 AM

I agree that Riu Palace is very nice. However, it does not have alot for kids to do. However, since your daughter is only 19 months it probably doesn't matter that much.