Belize for a Month?

Old Jun 26th, 2024, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Belize for a Month?

My husband and I have been traveling some in the winter usually for a month during January or February. Have never been to Belize but would like to try it next. Friends have gone but never for that long. We love the ocean but don't need ocean front. Where do I begin?
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 08:53 AM

Ambergris Caye would be a great base.. There are a few one bedroom suites such as Sunbreeze Suites than can be the perfect baed. You will find one-bedroom suites with kitchens, living and dining rooms, and private balconies on the beachfront perfect for long stays. The barrier reef is less than a mile from shore, and there are plenty of nice places to dine on the island. As the most developed island in Belize, Ambergris Caye provides a comfortable and convenient stay by the sea.

If you want to do multiple locations after spending time in the north at Ambergris Caye , consider heading south to the laid-back coastal village of Placencia. Placencia, located on the mainland, offers a beach stay with access to both marine and jungle adventures. Like Ambergris Caye, it has nice dining options and provides a different, relaxing atmosphere. In both locations many people get around on golf cart.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 09:27 AM

One place I would recommend searching for answers is with some of the Belize Accommodation & Tour Operator websites - and look for their blog postings (especially areas that you are interested in visiting). Many of them do not self-promote and are full of valuable information about Belize.

You will definitely run out of time before you run out of things to do.

Last edited by Moderator1; Jun 27th, 2024 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Removed comment about moderation.
Old Jun 30th, 2024, 04:30 PM

We loved Placencia. It's not as close as Ambergris Caye to snorkling so something to keep in mind if that is something you want to do a lot of. We did a Monkey River Tour while in Placencia and I highly recommend this. We also booked a massage through Delores at Hands of Tranquility and it was AMAZING! She came to our resort, which was very convenient. Enjoy your trip! There is lots to see and do!
Old Jul 6th, 2024, 01:32 PM

We prefer Caye Caulker to both Ambergris Caye and Placencia, but we've never stayed in one spot in Belize for more than a week or so. So much on offer inland, too!
Old Jul 7th, 2024, 09:37 AM

We've been to Ambergris Caye twice and loved it. Don't miss going to Hol Chan; we saw sea turtles, rays, and colorful tropical fish. There is sea grass close to shore in a lot of spots.
Old Jul 8th, 2024, 12:04 PM

I also liked Caye Caulker better than Ambergris. Not sure if I'd want to spend a month there though.