Search

Beachfront hotels in Rio

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beachfront hotels in Rio

We need a hotel for 2 nights pre-cruise in January. The Copacabana Palace is by far the most expensive and we would consider it if it is by far the best. However, are there more moderately priced ones - $300 range - that would be just as nice. Le Meridien? Marriott? Want a nice pool and beach area.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM

Marriot has a better location than Copacabana Palace. You should also try Sofitel, that is at the end of Copacabana beach and closest to Ipanema beach and a good location too.
Meridien is a nice hotel too, but older.
You can also look for a hotel in Ipanema beach. It´s next to Copabana and more fashion.
Old Jul 18th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Simone. My travel agent found a good rate for ocean front at the Caesar-Park Ipanema so we booked there. It looks beautiful!!
Old Jul 19th, 2006, 04:34 PM

Ceasar Park is a great choice for location. By far the best part of Ipanema, however I dont think the hotel has a pool, but everyone goes to the beach. You made a good choice.

Out of the other ones mentioned, I would say that the Sheraton in Leblon is very good and also Marriott.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 03:22 AM

Sheraton is not in Leblon, it is in Sao Conrado and unlike Leblon, Ipanema or Copacabana, if you stay in Sheraton, you´ll need a cab for everything. And cabs that serve Sheraton charge a lot more than regular cabs.
Therealrio, according to yr email you are from a travel agency or similar. You shouldn´t do that, it spoils Fodors purposes. This kind of behaviour only happens in Latin America forum. You should be ashamed!!!
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Caesar Park has a smallish rooftop pool.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Simone - Yes I am from a travel agency. If you read all my posts, you will realize that my information is very accurate, and that I do not post on here advertising myself.

I think the purpose of this forum is for people to get accurate answers to questions they may have.

What is shameful is if someone pretends to be unbiased and is posting false info to try and bait people.

Also,

Sheraton is in LEBLON. It is located at Av. Niemeyer 121. They also provide a shuttle for its clients.

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 03:22 PM

The Sheraton is in Leblon and the Intercontinental is in Sao Conrado. Hotel cabs at the Sheraton are more expensive thats why I never use them, just step outside the hotel door into the street and many regular taxis are waiting, same with the Intercontinental.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:43 AM

Sorry, but I disagree. Sheraton Hotel is not at Leblon. It is between Leblon and Sao Conrado, and the people I know who live near there usually say that they live at Vidigal. Vidigal is the name of one of the biggest slums in Rio, and the hotel is an island, surrounded by the favela (slum). In my opinion it is one of the worst locations where to stay in Rio. The private beach is probably very polluted, also. Stay at the Caesar Park. Ipanema and Leblon are the best locations in Rio if you want beachfront locations.
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Tnk you Thespis.
And Therealrio, IT IS a shame to suggest someone to stay at Sheraton if he can stay at Caesar.
And travel agents do not participate in Europe and US or any other developed countries forums as TA´s.
Old Sep 6th, 2006, 12:31 AM

My boyfriend and I were in Rio in February and stayed at the Sheraton.
The Sheraton near Leblon is probably one of the only hotels located on the beach. It also has it's own pool. The beach area is not the greatest and the hotel location is near a favela.
I didn't feel safe there and the hotel is in need of some serious renovations.
However, the staff were very pleasant and we made the best of it.
We had a private driver, his name was Pepe. You can request an English speaking driver at the front desk, if you do not want to take a cab from the hotel.
We visited three other hotels, Le Meridien, Copacabana Hotel and the Caesar-Park.
Caesar Park was our favorite, it is an upscale, five star property and I think you will enjoy it! We will stay there on our next visit to Rio.
Have fun!
Old Sep 8th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your endoresement of Caesar Park for our stay in Rio. It's our first time and want to come away with a good feeling.