Beaches to visit in Costa Rica?

Old Feb 12th, 1998, 03:21 PM
Lesley

Beaches to visit in Costa Rica?

My friend and I are going to Costa Rica for two weeks at the end of March. We want to spend at least a few days by the ocean on a beautiful beach with access to snorkeling, sailing, hiking and other fun stuff. If there were any DOLPHINS near by that would be even better - in fact it would be perfect. No resorts - just easy (and relatively cheap) living. Does this paradise exist, and if so, where?!

Old Feb 13th, 1998, 07:17 AM
J.Johnson

The western peninsula de Nicoya gets all the votes for what you are looking for. GAP tour co in Toronto may be of help for value places to stay/visit.

Old Feb 13th, 1998, 07:08 PM
Karin Miller

We want to visit Playa Montezuma in early August, 98. Do you recommend using busses or renting a 4WD to get from San Jose? Hotel Amor de Mar sounds great - any comments?

Old Feb 17th, 1998, 03:49 PM
Cynthia

Lesley: beaches like the kind you are looking for are definetly in 'Manuel Antonio', the town near Quepos. Itīs a lost paradise, white sand, and a beautiful sea colour, the ideal place for relaxing, swimming and snorkeling. Visit the Manuel Antonio National Park, there are more beaches there and you canīt say which one is better than the other. If you need further info from Costa Rica, feel free to e-mail me. Good Luck.

Old Feb 20th, 1998, 05:59 AM
Carol Leventhal

The beaches at Manuel Antonio National Park are beautiful. The beaches inside the park are safe; beaches one and two just outside the park are less so because of riptides. Know where you are swimming before stepping foot into the water.

Old Feb 20th, 1998, 08:34 PM
nlockhart

How is Costa Rica for retirement living? Cost of living, weather? Medical care? Appreciate any info.