Beaches in Manuel Antonio??

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beaches in Manuel Antonio??

I am sure this will be one of many more posts to come as my CR trip is days away and I feel so unprepared!!!

So....Manuel Antonio beaches - which do you recommend and why?

We are staying at Issimo Suites if that helps in relation to what beaches are close by. I definitely want to go to more than one beach as a bulk of our trip is in MA.

Also, at the beaches their can you rent chairs or a chaise? About how much does that cost?

Also are there rest rooms to use?

Should we bring a snack with us to the beach or there are places in walking distance to get a snack at?

Thanks!
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 07:59 AM

There is a public beach just outside the Park - which is free. Chairs etc to rent (which we didn't do so can't tell you the cost). Lots of places to eat and get snacks along the road. I frankly didn't see any restrooms along this beach, but presume there are.

The beaches inside the Park are nicer IMO and as you might imagine are less crowded due to Park entrance fee. The "second" beach inside the Park was our favorite. Was more sheltered and thus not as rough. No place to buy food or water inside the Park so you have to take it in (and best to carry out your trash). There are free "showers" and restrooms also inside the Park.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 08:58 AM

I totally agree; the beach we went to inside the park was the prettiest one we saw. No place inside the park to buy snacks or drinks, but our guide had packed bottled water and fresh fruit for us. We used the restrooms inside the park. Outside the park there are a lot of vendors hawking towels, etc. There's also a soda nearby that a lot of people go to - Marlin I think is the name of it?
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

I assume you get a guide inside the MA park if you want a tour - what if you just want to go to the beach? Or should we do an early tour and then end hanging by the beach for a couple of hours?
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 09:41 AM

We booked our guide through our hotel, and he came and picked us up. You can also hire guides at the park; they hang around, but you don't know if you're getting a good one or not. We had a beach at the base of our hotel, but it was a hard, steep, long walk to get to it. Once we got there, it was high tide, and there was no beach to speak of - we should have checked that. Inside the national park is gorgeous. I'd wear my bathing suit under my clothes, do the guided tour of the park, and then swim and relax.
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM

Does anyone have any feedback on biesanz beach? Is this one of the beaches inside the park? I think I have heard great things about it but haven't seen it mentioned on the forum. Is it a must visit while in MA? Thanks!
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 10:26 AM

Parker - we didn't get a guide and just went to the beach and wandered around the park. Guide is probably pretty good idea, but would agree to go through your hotel to make sure you get a good one.

BTW - guard your food. Officials emphasize for you not to feed the monkeys. What they don't tell you is that the monkeys love to steal it when you're not looking!
Old Jul 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM

aj, that's the beach that was at the base of our hotel. I thought the one inside the park was much prettier.

The monkeys in MA are complete kleptomaniacs. Guard everything!