Honeymoon Help

Old May 28th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon Help

We are considering going to CR for our honeymoon in Oct. 2004. Can you tell me where to stay we will be taking 10-14 days. Looking for luxury, nothing too rustic, with lots of outdoor activities close by.
Want to relax but get out and see lots of things.
Would love a hotel with own plunge pools. Want to go to beaches. Love to eat good food. And friendly people. Not looking to get kidnapped into the jungle.
Is this place for us?
And if so where
Any help is appreciated
JK
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:23 PM

We stayed at the Cancun Palace for our honeymoon. It's all inclusive & you can eat & drink at the other Palaces (7 I think) for free. We went diving with Aqua World to Isla Mujeres & Cozumel and of course went to Chichen Itza for a day. I would also recommend Senor Frogs for a good time. Have fun!
Old Jun 3rd, 2003, 01:38 PM

Cancun certainly sounds like a fun place but I think you were on the Costa Rica board (CR) It does get a little confusing when they are all together.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 04:21 AM

jkurtiak,

The best resource on this board is a guy names Scott Gauvin. He has been answering questions about CR for several years. He has a thread called "have been living and guiding in costa rica for over a year".

If you type in his last name (Gauvin)in the "text search" box at the top of this page, and click the red "find" button to the right of that, you get his posts, and this thread will be the first one.

You can practically plan a whole trip to CR just reading his answers to other peoples' questions.

Good luck!

Karen
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 05:52 AM

I have done a lot of research as we are also looking at spending our 20th anniversary in CR in October. I think it will depend on how much travelling around and adventure you are looking for. From your post, I would suggest the Melia (Paradisus) Playa Conchal as it seems to be the most luxurious resort in CR and there are many activities within reasonable day trips from that area. Also you want to be free of hurricanes and it is a little drier in Oct in that area.You don't need to worry about getting kidnapped in CR. I have never heard there is that kind of problem in CR. I agree about reading all the posts from Scott Gauvin, he has recommended several tours from the Playa Conchal area/Tamarindo.
Old Jun 4th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Iza

Check out Villa Caletas or Punta Islita for private plunge pools. Also Cala Luna in Tamarindo.
Old Jun 7th, 2003, 12:01 PM
atraveler

I stayed in the Melia a few months ago and while it was very luxurious and lovely, it had a few drawbacks. First, the beach is overrun with sea snakes (I hate snakes!) and ruined sitting and swimming on the beach for me. They also did not have much in the way of activities, the staff acted bothered if you wanted to use a kayak or bike. You can only use a bike for 1/2 hour, the resort is so big that didn't give enough time to get out of the resort and explore around on it. You will find an older crowd at this resort, which might be a drawback to a younger honeymooner. On the flipside, the food was great, I had a wonderful massage, and the room was bigger than my first apartment.

Have you considered renting a car (4x4 will be necessary) and traveling around? A San Jose, Arenal, Monteverde, beach itnerary would be fun, or Manuel Antonio and Jaco. and almost like 3 vacations rolled into one. The Tabocon Hot Springs Resort and Spa would be a great spot to stay near Arenal for a honeymoon. Whatever you do, Costa Rica is an awesome destination and I can't wait to go back. You are going to have a great time!