Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Back from 7 days trip to Buenos Aires (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/back-from-7-days-trip-to-buenos-aires-494821/)

Dani_Tagen Jan 12th, 2005 09:04 AM

Back from 7 days trip to Buenos Aires

Just got back from a 7 days trip to Buenos Aires and if anyone needs info, I´m glad to help1

Cheers

Dani Tagen

Peep Jan 12th, 2005 12:08 PM

Hello! Which hotel did you stay at, do you recommend it or would you stay somewhere else next trip?

milla Jan 20th, 2005 12:52 PM

THE BEST AREA IN BUENOS AIRES IS BARRIO NORTE, MANY PEOPLE WILL DISAGREE WITH THE NAME I USE FOR THIS BIG AREA WHICH IS VERY NEAR RECOLETA AND ALSO RETIRO. THE PRICES ARE LOWER, THE AREA IS SAFE AND NICE, THERE ARE SHOPS EVERYWHERE,RESTAURANTS.
CONVENIENT PLACE FOR THE ONES WHO ARE PLANNING A LONG STAY. MAIN AVE SANTA FE. WHATEVER YOU FIND THERE IS GOOD.
SOME HOTELS I REMEMBER NOW: ARGENTA, LOI SUITES ARE,SUIPACHA Y ARROYO, DAZZLER, DE LAS AMERICAS,WILTON, ETC

CHEERS.

yifus Jan 27th, 2005 01:59 PM

Dani,
I'm arriving in Buenos in 3 weeks. What would be the safest way to get to my hostel in Ave. De Mayo from Ezeiza?
thanks.

Dani_Tagen Mar 9th, 2005 06:48 AM

I stayed at a hostel called TelmoTango in thh heart of SanTelmo. It is very cheap and friendly, but quite hot in the summer. There's no air conditioning and frigies in the rooms - well it is a hostel!
BA used to be prettier, it is very dirty and lost of poor people collecting rubbish after 10PM, but it is still quite safe. One can walk back to the hotel at 3am with no worries. You can travel around by bus or by underground, they are cheap but not very comfortable
The food is a problem, it seems they eat always the same thing - if you are in a budget trip, of course. Lots of Parrilas - their barbecue, with salad.It used to be cheaper, now you pay something like U$4,00 a meal per person.
07 days is too much in BA, I would suggest staying 04 days and then travel around. If want to make BA your sleeping city, then you could go to Tigre - by eletric train. It is a nice daytrip. Or if you have extra cash, go to Colonia or Montevideo - both in Uruguai. There's a Catamaran that takes you there.
Hope I've helped somehow.
Have a nice trip!

mehtaal Mar 9th, 2005 08:25 AM

My husband and I are going to Argentina for 7 days in early April. We will be in BA for 3-4 days, Colonia (day trip) and one other area for 2-3 days. We were thinking of either Iguazu, Bariloche or El Calafate (which may be too far for just 2-3 days). We're open to other regions as well. If you had to choose 1 more place anywhere in Argentina, where would it be?
For BA, we were considering Recoleta area, but from your suggestions it sounds like Barrio Norte is the way to go. Thanks for the hotel suggestions.