Search

Aventura Spa Palace

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aventura Spa Palace

Need some info on this hotel thinking about a vacation in January. How is the beach there and the food.
Old Nov 10th, 2004, 05:37 PM

The beach is non-existant...do not believe pics in brochures. "Sand" is really blasted concrete...very difficult to walk on. Water in lagoons are stagnant.

Food is not suitable for human consumption. I didn't eat the entire time we were there.
Old Nov 11th, 2004, 07:44 AM

Hi, Butsey!
I've only driven by, it looks nice, but the location is out of the way, and I wouldn't want to stay there...
Also, I have also heard there is no beach to speak of.
If I were to stay Al, I'd go to the RiuPalace or RH right next to Playa...or even one of the Iberostars north of town...
What about Maroma??? Probably too expensive...or my very fave, the JW Cancun !!!
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

Hi Frankie!! Thanks for your reply my husband and I never do all inclusive but we are trying to get in an inexpensive vacation in January because we are going to P. Vallarta on 4/2. Of course I would love to go to any of the resorts you mentioned but can't afford it. We are having a travel auction at
work and Aventura Palace was one of the trips however we were outbidded on that one. Maybe we will try Dreams I was there when it was Camino Real so I know what to expect. It was ok but this trip is only for the beach and to be warm.
Old Nov 16th, 2004, 11:02 AM

I have never stayed at this resort, but I know many people who have. They have loved it and raved about it and can't wait to return. I'm not sure why "skeptikal" disliked it so much, but all my friends and family that have been there absolutely loved it. Yes, the beach is non-existent, but I've heard the lagoon is gorgeous and my girlfriend told me she has never had such good food as at the ASP. Some people I know have gone back and others would if they could afford it. Go for it, I'm sure you will love it.