Reload this Page >

Aventura Palace or Riu Palace-PDC

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 01:14 PM
Libby

Has anyone stayed at the Aventura Palace or the Riu Palace in Playa? My husband and I are looking for a "laid-back" atmosphere and great snorkeling! We're the quiet-partier type that enjoy a lot of elegance once a year! <BR> <BR>Comments/ideas/critiques on these properties will be gratefully appreciated!

Old Oct 11th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Charlotte Alger

You can't believe the hard time I have had trying to get info. on this hotel.Sorry, that I won't be able to give you a response until after Feb.15th,2001. My husbad and I travel with another coulpe to Mexico each year and look for a beautiful hotel and we also love to snorkel and do the quiet party thing. I don't even have a picture of this hotel and I am the "group vacation planner" If you have any info. could you please send it my way. Also I would love to let you know how our trip turns out if you don't get there first. If you do please let us know. Even if you don't like it we already have our trips paid for. No going back now!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 12th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Kathy

I think the Aventura is an "adults only" place, and the Riu is families. <BR> <BR>Don't really know about snorkeling or beach, but I've heard they are both pretty nice.

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 01:12 PM
Kuch

Libby - check RIU's site at www.riuhotels.com for further information on this great chain of resorts. We stayed at the Yucatan which is just next door and are going back Jan 27th for two weeks because we love this area so much. The RIU Yucatan is a 5 star and the Palace is 5 1/2 so you will get that elegance you want but the general feel of that whole resort area is still that 'laid back' feeling you want. There is no real good snorkeling off the beach but there is a dive shop at the Yucatan that offers snorkelling trips. Or you can do what we did and just cab it down to Akumal which has stupendous snorkelling right off the beach. There is also Xcaret and Xel-ha where you can snorkel. Check the site at www.mytravelboard.com/playa/ <BR> <BR>Pick the Palace and you will enjoy!

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 05:49 AM
Dustin

I stayed at Adventura Palace this year and it was terrible. See my post under the listing Sun Palace. Don't choose Palace Resorts!!!