arriving pv at 11 pm. Should I be concerned?

Oct 18th, 2003, 04:56 PM
Original Poster

arriving pv at 11 pm. Should I be concerned?

We will be staying in southside downtown. There are two of us. I guess I am just going to jump in a taxi from the airport. Will we be OK?
thanks,
mohan
Oct 18th, 2003, 05:55 PM

If you arrived in a large city in your state at 11:00 p. and had reservations in a hotel and you took a taxi from the airport, would you be concerned?

There are good people in the world and bad people . . . I like to think there are more good people . . . go, stop worrying, don't be stupid (like wearing your big diamonds, Rolex watch, and flashing large rolls of $$), and you'll probably have a wonderful time. If you're still "concerned," maybe you should cancel your trip.

Buen viaje,
Sandy
Oct 18th, 2003, 06:21 PM

Not to worry! Taxis available 24 hours a day and things are very busy at 11pm. You will be fine.
Oct 19th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. I feel much better now. Don't blame me. I live in the big apple. We are a little paranoid nere.
Sandy B : I won't be wearing my rolexes and my rocks. I keep a low profile and wear old clothing and give them away when I leave. I consider myself a smart traveller but you never know these days.
Oct 19th, 2003, 08:59 AM

I have spent many trips in Puerto Vallarta, though I've never landed at the airport so late, I often walk around Old Town (solo, female) at all hours of the night and day. I would not have any worries.

I *would* go ahead and take a normal airport taxi (don't try to save money by catching the bus, etc. not that it wouldn't be safe but it could be an unnecessary hassle). You can pay with U.S. or peso at the airport for the taxi, so you don't even need to worry about money change until the next morning.

You'll be fine. I have never had anything close to a safety problem in 15 trips to PV.

Personally I would ignore sandy_b's post, it doesn't really make any sense, given your question, and knowing the other posts and planning you've been doing for this trip, and knowing the lovely local people in PV.
Oct 20th, 2003, 08:32 AM

have arrived that late my advice is the same as everyone else, catch a cab at the airport it will take you directly to your hotel Have fun When are you going?