Arenal Paraiso- Worried!!! (Miradas 2?)

Old Apr 27th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arenal Paraiso- Worried!!! (Miradas 2?)

So I went to Trip Advisor for some recent reviews and I came across this review that now has me worried. It says that when they got to AP, they had reserved a superior cabin, and were placed at the new resort they are building next door called Miradas 2. They say the rooms were no where near as nice and had lots of problems. Here's the review:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...uanacaste.html

Has anyone else experienced this. Anyone else heard of this happening? I'm worried now. I reserved a superior cabin and I WANT MY CABIN at AP!!!!
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Boy -- I hate to tell you this but we had a similar experience. We also had a superior room booked and upon arrival they told us they had no record of our reservation. After a bit of discussion with the manager, he informed us that they had a room reserved for us at another hotel, also, of far-inferior quality. Funny - he didn't even know my name yet, but the new hotel was in my name! They said they lost the reservation and that no one was checking in or out that day. We returned later to use the pools and we saw at least 6 parties checking in. AP said they would pay our bill ( $40 per night compared to $115 per night!) So far, we have not been charged. (that was in mid-Feb. and we haven't received many charges yet at all). I don't know what to tell you, I don't know how difficult it is to cancel a reservation - but I kind of wish I had stayed at the Lost Iguana and if I had been quick enough to think about it I would have asked them for a reservation there. All in all, it worked out fine, we were not in our room much at all. The hotel personnel were nice, but I still wish we had been at AP! It was the only flaw of our trip! One more comment - I have never read of anyone else but me having this problem, so hopefully it won't happen to you!
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Oh no. This scares me. I emailed them today and told them in no uncertain terms I don't want this to happen to me. I'll see what their response is. I do also have an email confirmation and confirmation number. Plus, I called over there, and they called me back and confirmed they have my reservation. I am taking ALL documentation I have from them. I am so worried now. I'm leaving in 6 days and doubt I could book anything else with such short notice. This will make me very upset if it happens to me though. Thanks for your honesty though.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM

I was at Arenal Paraiso last week and had reserved a superior cabin in January. I had no problems, had the best accommodations of our trip and saw the volcano in action...
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Oh good. Did you see a new property going up next door? I hope to get this all in writing so we have no disputes. I'm worried, so I rather have things in writing. Know what I mean? They must hate me by now though. I've written them a ton of times with questions and for tour info.
Old Apr 27th, 2005, 02:24 PM

We were there last week. They tried to put us in a standard cabin when I requested a deluxe. Even after I showed them my confirmation email they still tried to talk us out of it. Unfortunately for us we had 3 days of overcast and cloudy weather and never did see the volcano.
Old Apr 28th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Oh geez. I guess they are getting bad with the reservations. That isn't good news. So many good reviews, I hope the service isn't going down due to an increase in popularity. That is troubling.

Anyway, I have hounded them over and over for several confirmation emails. By the time I get there they will know excatly who I am, and I will have a lot of confirmations in writing. Hope that does the trick.

Here is the latest response regarding the above issue:

HI YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT WE ARE REALLY SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT COUPLE BUT THIS WONT HAPPEN AGAIN BECAUSE THAT WAS A BIG HUMAN MISTAKE AS A RESULT OF THE INCREDIBLY AMOUNT OF PEOPLE REQUESTING ROOMS THAT DAY
PLEASE BE UNWORRIED I ATTACHED A NOTE TO YOUR RESERVATION THAT EXPLICITLY SAYS DO NOT MOVE THIS GUEST TO MIRADAS, ANYWAY AS I SAID THIS WONT HAPPEN AGAIN, ALSO YOU HAVE TO NOTICE THAT THIS IS THE LOW SEASON THEREFORE IT WOULD BE UNNECESSARY TO MOVE PEOPLE TO THE RESORT NEXT DOOR

So I gather from the response this is something that does indeed happen at times. I would suggest anyone going there soon get an affirmation, in writing, that this won't happen to them. It doesn't hurt to have it noted on your reservation. I will let you know what we encounter when we get there.

Old Apr 28th, 2005, 07:18 AM
lvk

I would say that you're pretty safe. The "squeaky wheel" concept is alive and well! They wouldn't dare move you now! Have a great time.
Old Apr 29th, 2005, 03:58 PM

mosey10, do take all of your documentation! However, we did and had reconfirmed less than 1 week in advanced. I had everything in order, including all my reconfirmations and confirmation number. You have one thing on me, though, they know your concern and noted it. I am sure you will be OK. We were there in February and it was crowded everywhere, so you have that on your side also. Don't worry, enjoy, and have a great time! We did anyway.
Old Apr 30th, 2005, 04:49 AM

When we checked in they also could not find our reservation after about 15 minutes after a very long day they went and found our reservation - they told us we could go next door but i stood my ground and we were put in the deluxe cabin. Our safe also did not work which was a drawback and next door is not as nice because of the mud and the landscaping. I also had all my e-mails with me. Do not eat dinner in the restaurant absolutely horrible other than that we loved our stay and would stay again. El Novillo is outstanding!