Arenal Lodge/Sapo Dorado

Jun 13th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Arenal Lodge/Sapo Dorado

ANyone stayed at these two lately. WE have booked 3 nights at Sapo Dorado and two at Arenal Lodge. Feedback is welcome. Not sure I did the right thing. Please reassure me.
Jun 14th, 2003, 05:14 AM

We stayed at Arenal Lodge for 3 nights in March and liked it very much. Very peaceful, lots of animals to see, both from the dining room and your own room. We were in a junior suite and enjoyed the show every morning: not just birds at the feeders, but also a rare black Costa Rican weasel. The drive up to the lodge is an adventure in itself. Breakfasts were pretty good, but I wouldn't bother with dinner there. (Had our best meals at El Novillo on the road.) We were happy to be staying up high, rather than down by the road (although we never did see any volcanic action!). As long as you have a vehicle, it's a great choice. Would have liked to stay at El Sapo Dorado ourselves, but it was booked. It looked very nice, although the restaurant is pricey and you'll do better for dinner elsewhere. The location is great--a short walk to restaurants and the town.

Search this Thread