Are pools heated in PDC

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:04 AM
pat

Are pools heated in PDC

I'm planning on going to PDC next month. A few friends of mine just returned from the Barcelo and they said that the pools are not heated and were very cold. What AI in PDC has heated pools?

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:38 PM
Jean

I read lots and lots of trip reports on the resorts around PDC before our trip last week. I got the impression that none of them have heated pools. I'd narrow your search, then e-mail the properties directly.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:01 PM
jill

None of the pools are heated it is generally in the 70's 80's or 90's in this area of Mexico.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Shawniejo

I was there in July & the sun naturally heated the pools to a quite nearly BOILING temperature. I'm not sure how warm/sunny it will be in the next few weeks (I'm going in late February) but certainly I hopethe sun warms them a bit! There are of course usually outdoor/indoor hot tubs too, depending where you stay.

~Shawnie

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Shawnie

Jill~
But it is THAT WARM/HOT there NOW? POsts I've read here from folks who just got back report feeling chilly. I am going in a month..Help?

Thanks,
Shawnie

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:36 AM
me

Shawnie, don't worry about next month. I don't know where you live but where I am (NYC) it's freezing. Just a bad cold snap probably also affecting the warmers climates. The bright side is, what are the odds of such a snap repeating in a month. I'm also am going in a month, it will be just fine (I hope .

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:47 AM
Shawnie

ME:
Thanks for your comforting words. Indeed I am freezing my gazoo off here in frigid NY. Your point about the cold-speel likely affecting the weather there as well is a good one. And also, I'm sure in a month it will wear off...right? Have you been to PDC or the area? Hope we both have GREAT TRIPS!!
Thanks again,
Shawnie