Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Anything you always wanted to know (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/anything-you-always-wanted-to-know-233139/)

Robbie Jun 21st, 2002 06:26 AM

Anything you always wanted to know

I live in Manuel Antonio and operate a tourism related business here. I am always happy to answer any questions regarding the area, am familiar with most hotels, tours, restaurants, etc. Also I always recomend a quick look at www.quepolandia.com as a quick guide to the area. It is our local English language paper and is available on line. It has a directory of local businesses and their phone numbers and websites. Easy to make a direct contact through them for almost anything you might need here!<BR>Best wishes!<BR>Robbie

sandy schaub Jun 21st, 2002 11:07 AM

Hi, My husband and i have been to carillo,samara, and last March Tamarindo. We loved all of them, but next time i was thinking about Manuel Antonio. We golf, fish and lay back when we go. We like Bungalow's as apposed to fancy hotels.We are not fancy people but like nice Golf Courses and Good Charter Fishing. Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks so Much Sandy Schaub

Karen Jun 21st, 2002 02:13 PM

Dear Sandy, We leave in two weeks and plan to go to Samara and maybe Carillo. What is your opinion of these and where did you stay? Thanks so much.Karen

Karen Jun 21st, 2002 02:16 PM

Robbie, Where do you recommend staying in Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui? I think I saw somewhere that you had been at El Bambu but we were considering Selva Verde or Gavilan. Wondering why you chose a hotel that I think is in town. Thanks a lot. Karen

Robbie Jun 22nd, 2002 05:34 AM

Hi Sandy,<BR>The closest golf we have to Manuel Antonio is an hour away in Jaco right now. The Marriot has a nice gold course and many of my neighbors are members. There has been a plan to have a gold course at Pueblo Real on the Esturay for awhile, but I think it is safe to assume it is a year out. Otherwise, as far as fishing, we have some of the best in the country. Both ocean fishing and river or estuary fishing. We normally work with several operators, Bluefin and Flounders. The best options for bungalows are <BR>High end-Makanda<BR>Mid-priced - Eclipse<BR>budget-Villas Cristina<BR> <BR>Luxury homes can be rented and also moderate priced homes for longer term.<BR>www.casaromano.net<BR>www.lasvillas.com<B R>various others.<BR><BR>And Karen,<BR>The only reason I stayed at El Bambu was because, sadly, I had numbers and email addresses for 5 hotels, all given to me by the chamber of commerce. EL Bambu was the only one that responded to my reservation request! I didn't really want to stay right in town, but I mentioned in other places that I couldn't find another place that would answer the phone or respond to an email.<BR>In fairness, it was very off-season , as that is generally when I can get away. But I was disappointed ,too, Part of the goal of my trip was to vist a few places and check them out. No one answered the phones!<BR>Best warm wishes from Manuel Antonio!<BR>Robbie<BR>