Search

Mexico Get Away

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 05:36 PM
M Dolan

Mexico Get Away

lOOKING FOR NEW SPOT IN MEXICO WITH QUIET BEACHES, EXCELLANT DINING AWAY FROM TOURISM. ALREADY HAVE BEEN PUERTA V,ACAPOL;IXTAP; <BR> <BR>ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS? 4-5 DAY TRIP, <BR> <BR>THANKS, <BR>M.DOLAN

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 11:38 PM
BobbyB

La Paz, BCS is an excellent choice. Some of the finest beaches in Mexico are in the La Paz area. It is not a touristy city but is very upbeat and enjoyable.

Old Mar 23rd, 1999, 06:48 AM
Kat

Anyone have the scoop on the new Four Seasons resort at Punta Mita in Mexico? I think it's near Puerto Vallarta. Interested in learning about the beach and room quality. Thanks!

Old Mar 24th, 1999, 06:08 AM
Richard James

M.DOLAN, <BR> I suggest you try the Puerto Vallarta area once more. About 13 miles south of downtown, right on the beach, is Majahuitas Resort, a great private, boat access only, individual casitas style resort, with a dynamite white sand beach and great private guest only restaurant. Highly recommended! <BR> Please e-mail me with any questions. <BR>R.James

Old Apr 20th, 1999, 02:36 PM
deborah

Have you tried the Costa Careyes area? <BR>We stayed at the Hotel Bel Air (now seems to go by the name of The Careyes) and really loved it. Secluded, nice small beach with boat rentals, great food, inexpensive room service. Also has a really nice spa on the premises. You can use the large soaking/jacuzzis and steam rooms or they also do massages, facials etc. Some nice little restaurants off site also. We had great ceviche, cervezas and orange cake at a place called La Vidurra (?) It's halfway between PV and Manzanillo (don't bother) Many beautiful beaches along the way just off the main road. It's part of the Small Lux. Hotel grp. Very quiet if you go in an off season time. The Tamarindo also looks awesome but we didn't get to see so can't give a first hand report on it but it is a sister property. Good luck..

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 01:03 PM
Sue

Have a look at Maroma. It's a small, exclusive hotel north of Playa del Carmen and looks wonderful - it's certainly very quiet. We came across it after walking three miles along the beach from our own, rather modest hotel earlier this year! It has been written up in the Conde Nast travel magazine. Playa del Carmen is about 5 or 6 miles away (I'm guessing here) and is well worth visiting.

Old May 19th, 1999, 03:35 AM
RICK

YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT PUNTA ALLEN 30 MILES SOUTH OF TULUM IN THE SIAN KAAN BIOSPHERE. SMALL LOBSTER FISHING VILLAGE. GO www.letitbeinn.com

Old May 19th, 1999, 04:51 PM
Kim Bekkers

<BR>Hi Kathryn, I saw your message asking about the Four Seasons Punta Mita Resort. I live here in Puerto Vallarta and I have been there several times for site-inspections. It is a gorgeous resort, and the opening is now scheduled for July 15 this year. Very up-scale, tropical , elegant, everything you can expect from a Four Seasons and more. <BR>The beach is excellent there, location is at about 30 minutes North from the airport. At the moment a four lane road is being constructed up till Cruz de Guanacastle ( half-way to Punta Mita ), so the traffic is slower, but once the road is finished , the transfer time would be of 30 minutes at the most. <BR>But yes, the resort is definitely beautiful !!