Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Xcaret (near Cancun)?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Rob

We are going to Cancun in March and were wondering if Xcaret is worth the $39 entry fee. Also, are there any packages to Xcaret that are a good deal? If you didn't like Xcaret, please suggest an alternate excursion, preferably involving water. Thanks!!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Susan

We went to Xcaret a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We had been staying in Playa del Carmen and decided not to go - thought it was expensive, etc. and probably not worth it. We usually don't like that kind of organized thing and decided to pass on it. <BR><BR>We then went over to Cozumel for a few days and met fellow Canadians who really raved about it. So we took the ferry back to PDC and then a taxi to Xcaret. We ended up spending the whole day and into the evening. At that time, there was a 'new age' duo performing before the folkloric show and they were fantastic. We didn't stay for the folkloric show - we've seen that kind of thing more than once and needed to get our ferry back to Cozumel. The 'tour' before the music was wonderful as well. <BR><BR>I definitely thought it was worth the price of admission.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Joyce

I definately think Xcaret is worth it.<BR>There is a Folkloric Ballet in the evening, Floating the Underground River, Snorkeling, an Aquarium, Replicas of the Mayan Ruin Sites. Several small Mayan Ruins on Property.<BR>Fair Snorkeling in the Lagoon.<BR>I have been several times and really enjoy it.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Mel

They're right. There's also a similar park nearby called Hexal(sp?). I think that was better...and the same price.<BR>Don't bother with any packages, they're all a rip. Take a taxi from Play De Carmen and pay your own entry.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 05:13 AM
Monica

Agree with all the above postings. Both Xcaret and Xel-ha (the one Mel was referring to)are well worth the trip.<BR>Xel-ha was great for snorkeling, lots of colored fish.