Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to Kiaroa Beach Resort in Marau, Bahia, Brazil?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking of staying here with my wife in the beginning of October and wanted to see if anyone out there has been here or knows anything about it? Thanks.
Old Aug 20th, 2004, 06:19 AM

Hi Dan, I have a close friend who went there 3 months ago and said the place is just marvellous. The beach is fantastic and the resort also.

Just one thing: most of people are couples and there is not sport activities (if you are looking for it).

If you just want to relax, it's an wonderful place.

Dudi
Old Aug 25th, 2004, 04:16 PM

Not far from Kiaroa Beach Resort there is Pousada Velas ao Vento, less than 300 m from the best beach in Maraú, very nice, friendly staff, marvelous food (breakfast and dinner), far cheaper than Kiaroa. They will arrange you every possible excursion in Maraú, which is a most extraordinary place. See http://www.velasaovento.tur.br/
I stayed there with my family last december, I would like to come back. You may take a small plane from Salvador to Maraú, the local airstrip is located close to Kiaroa. AEROSTAR http://www.aerostar.com.br/ in Salvador International Airport is the airline operator. You may also reach Maraú by boat, from Salvador. The staff of Pousada Velas ao Vento will assist you. Have a nice stay in Maraú.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your comments. I am going with my wife and we are looking for a quiet but beautiful place to relax.

Dilermando- Most hotels/websites I found say that AeroStar offers flights only on Wed/Fri/Sun, but I spoke with AeroStar today and they said that they also have flights on Thursdays (although this was through limited English). Do you know anything about when they have flights as there is no schedule on the airline's website?
Old Jan 7th, 2005, 07:47 PM

Hi Dan, after reading a recent article in Budget Travel Magazine I too have decided to plan a trip for my husband and me to Brazil- Staying in Morro de sao Paulo, Ilha de Boipeba and lastly in Marau. I have been on websites trying desparately to find articles and recommendation on places to stay- Kiaroa is on my list-Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.