Anyone been on Searious Escape Sail to Mexico Rocks?

Old Dec 30th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone been on Searious Escape Sail to Mexico Rocks?

Hi -
I am looking for someone who can tell me about their exerience on Searious' Escape sail full day trip to Mexico Rocks. We were thinking about the Bacalaar Chico trip with Searious and then I saw the sailing one to Mexico Rocks which looks nice. Advice anyone?
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM

I did a 1/2 day snorkeling trip there and enjoyed it very much. Lots of coral, saw a sleeping shark, and it was deserted compared to shark alley and the national park snorkeling (total crowds). Liked it better, actually; but it's pretty close to town and shore; an entire day seems long?
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 09:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Sylvia.
We were considering a half day trip but I saw this trip on a catamaran that actually makes 3 snorkel stops total and there is a beach BBQ. I liked the idea of a sail boat as opposed to some of the tours with open skiffs w/canopy.
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 04:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I also enjoyed snorkeling Mexico Rocks, but did it on a half day trip. The sail sounds nice, but you might want to make sure it is not a booze cruise. I notice they serve rum punch -- not a good sign if you really want to snorkel. Of course, not a bad sign if you want to drink!
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 06:04 AM

I've only done the half day tours to Mexico Rocks as well. If I was going to do an all day, it would be the one that goes up the back side of the island, through the canal between Mexico and Belize that the Mayans dug, then snorkel stops on the way home. I think lunch somewhere as well. That is the way at least some of the Bacalar Chico tours are done. We'll be doing it ourselves this winter.
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 10:22 PM
Original Poster

I'm considering the Bacalaar Chico trip. The biggest draw for the full day Mexico Rocks vs. The Bacalaar Chico trip is catamaran sail vs. open skiff with canopy. I love sailboats even when under motor power and so that and of course the Bacalaar Chico trip is almost twice the price. I don't think the trip is a boze cruise really but I think some alcohol is available. I usually like the a drink or 2 after all the snorkeling is all done.

Still hoping someone will chime in on the searious escape sail.