any recomendations for private driver from San Jose

Old Jan 31st, 2003, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any recomendations for private driver from San Jose

Hi, We would like a private driver for a day from San Jose - can anyone tell me about what this should cost? any reputable companies? We will be going from SanJose to Poas Volcano, possibly Sarchi and dropped at our hotel in Puntarenas - Help!
Old Feb 1st, 2003, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Anyone? Someone?
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:41 AM
peg

Hi Debbie:

We had a private driver for the week we were there, but he was associated with Vista del Valley. The most we paid (four of us) for a whole day was $125.00 and that was to drive from Vista del Valle to Arenal and the Tabacan Hot Springs and back. His name was Oscar and he was great. On the days that Vista del Valle does not need him, he drives a cab. I thought I had his business card, but I must have misplaced it. Worst case you could e-mail Vista del Valley and ask the manager Arturo how to contact him. That is his uncle.

If you are staying at a hotel the first night they would probably be able to help you. Are you arriving in the morning or afternoon? If it is in the afternoon, you might not have time to do Paos and Sarchi, and then drive all the way to the coast.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:49 AM
peg

Sorry for the double post, Fodor's wouldn't "supposely" take my first one, but I guess it did.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Tia

Debbie:

We also hired a private driver through Sunset Tours (I'm sure they have a web site) once we got to CR. His name was also Oscar! We hired him to drive us from La Fortuna area to Guanacaste. He was extremely nice and offered to stop anywhere we wished along the way and pointed things out as well. I'd highly recommend the company as well as Oscar. The charge was $125 for one day. We were there in March of 2002. Hope this helps. It seemed that you could also make arrangements from your various hotels through the front desk as well. We arranged a couple tours this way.

Tia